The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   RSBQ (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/22752-rsbq.html)

IREFU2 Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:38pm

After coming back from an SEC Camp in the summer, I learn a whole lot of stuff that will help me this season. One of the terms used was RSBQ which stands for -

R - Rate
S - Speed
B - Balance
Q - Quickness

We were told if any of these 4 factors was comprimised on the shooter, then there is a foul. If not, score the basket and we are going the other way. Comments?????

Smitty Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:40pm

What does "rate" mean in this context?

IREFU2 Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:43pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Smitty
The "rate" at which the shooter is heading to the basket once he leaves the floor or if he is hit on the arm during the shot and cant continue his follow through.

Smitty Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:45pm

Quote:

Originally posted by IREFU2
Quote:

The "rate" at which the shooter is heading to the basket once he leaves the floor or if he is hit on the arm during the shot and cant continue his follow through.

How is that different than "speed"?

IREFU2 Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:47pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Smitty
Quote:

Quote:

I was told they are both hand in hand, but if you are going for the layup and get bumped that may or may not change your rate. It was kind of confusing, but I got the justs of it.

rockyroad Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:51pm

I think Rythmn is abetter word to use than rate...the factors are usually Speed, Balance, Quickness, Rythmn...

ChuckElias Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:51pm

Quote:

Quote:

It's not. The "R" actually stands for "rhythm" and is applied to the ballhandler's ability to dribble normally.

IREFU2 Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:53pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Quote:

It's not. The "R" actually stands for "rhythm" and is applied to the ballhandler's ability to dribble normally.

Thanks, the what the R means.....my fault. I always mix one up! Thank for the correction.

ChuckElias Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:56pm

Quote:

Thanks, the what the R means.....my fault. I always mix one up! Thank for the correction.
No big. The one I always forget is RIDD: Reroute, Impede, Displace, and . . . oh yeah. Dislodge! :)

IREFU2 Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:58pm

Quote:

Quote:

No big. The one I always forget is RIDD: Reroute, Impede, Displace, and . . . oh yeah. Dislodge! :)

I like that, can I use it?

ChuckElias Thu Oct 20, 2005 02:01pm

Quote:

Quote:

RIDD: Reroute, Impede, Displace, and . . . oh yeah. Dislodge! :)
I like that, can I use it?

Sure. I stole it from a WNBA ref that I worked with in a college game. It's yours now. :)

johnny1784 Thu Oct 20, 2005 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rockyroad
I think Rythmn is abetter word to use than rate...the factors are usually Speed, Balance, Quickness, Rythmn...
I agree with you but I like SBC (speed, balance, cleverness and excellent DSL). Never leave out those with "smarts" and many who are good actors and or sneaky.

rainmaker Thu Oct 20, 2005 06:18pm

Quote:

Quote:

Heard it last weekend as Dislodge, Displace, and Dismantle. :D

Mark Padgett Thu Oct 20, 2005 06:20pm

I use "CRS".

It stands for "Caused Reconstructive Surgery".

No CRS, no foul.

Nevadaref Fri Oct 21, 2005 04:35am

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
I use "CRS".

It stands for "Caused Reconstructive Surgery".

No CRS, no foul.

People your age should be familiar with CRS...Can't Remember Sh**. :)