The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 19, 2005, 04:00am
Official Forum Member

(Rec. league) A1 is ready to attempt 2 free throws, before I toss A1 the ball A2 and B1 is trash talking and I have warn both players earlier about trash talking, before I toss the ball to A1 both A2 and B1 kept jawing at each other I finally had enough so I called a double Technical on A2 and B1.
What is the ruling here?

I’m not sure if I did this right or not, I reported the double technical and went with the alternating possession which was for team A since there was no team control at the time I called a Double “T”. Anyway I cleared the lane and allow A1 to shoot his free throws and gave the ball back to team “A” at the baseline for a spot throw in.

Now that I had time to look back on the call I made I realized I should of not given the free throws attempt to A1 and should of went with the alternating possession which was team “A” possession at the division line.

I cannot seem to find the ruling in the book for this scenario any help would be appreciated.
Old Wed Oct 19, 2005, 06:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
In both NFHS and NCAA rules, double technical fouls result in returning to play at the point of interruption. So report the fouls and go back to where you were, which is A1 shooting his FTs as normal with lane spaces occupied.
Old Wed Oct 19, 2005, 08:46am
Official Forum Member

team control!

you did have team control, because you said A1 was getting ready to attempt their freethrow! so they still had control, the ball was not in flight yet, so like lotto said, report your double T, then go back to poi, which was shooting the free throws!! The new rule for this year 4-36 is that all double fouls, double techs, go back to point of interruption!
Old Wed Oct 19, 2005, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Re: team control!

Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
you did have team control, because you said A1 was getting ready to attempt their freethrow! so they still had control, the ball was not in flight yet, so like lotto said, report your double T, then go back to poi, which was shooting the free throws!! The new rule for this year 4-36 is that all double fouls, double techs, go back to point of interruption!
He also said that the T was before he tossed the ball to A1. So, there was no team control.

It doesn't matter to the enforcement, though. You still go back to the POI, which is the FT. See 4-36-2b
Old Wed Oct 19, 2005, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
No team control!

Quote:
Originally posted by xxssmen
.... before I toss A1 the ball ....
Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
you did have team control, because you said A1 was getting ready to attempt their freethrow!
There is no team control until A1 has the ball in his/her hands for the FT attempt.
Old Wed Oct 19, 2005, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

my bad!!!

guess i need to read a little better before answering, sorry about that guys!!! No team control! guess i need to take my own advice to my kids i tell them everyday, "Read the whole question carefully"