The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Even though this is football, this article will blow everyone away. I guess we just aren't supposed to call penalties/fouls anymore.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/05273/580266.stm

Edit: The reason for the title for the post is it just seems like every time I see something about violence towards officials, it's in my neck of the woods (W. PA)
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tmp44
Even though this is football, this article will blow everyone away. I guess we just aren't supposed to call penalties/fouls anymore.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/05273/580266.stm

Edit: The reason for the title for the post is it just seems like every time I see something about violence towards officials, it's in my neck of the woods (W. PA)
5th and 6th grade. Those coaches and parents have no business being coaches and parents.

Z
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
And of course, the whole problem is that the officials are racist.
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

That must have been a really, really, really important game.
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

All I gotta say is, why don't pops direct his anger at Junior's teammates who threw the blocks in the back.
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Whistles & Stripes
All I gotta say is, why don't pops direct his anger at Junior's teammates who threw the blocks in the back.
Duh Whistles!!!! There were no blocks in the back!!!! How could you even think that there were???

Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Keeping with the football theme, yet coaches are coaches:

In my son's football game yesterday, we had a great run for about 60 yards and we think we have 6 points. Turn back to the middle of the field and there's 2 flags on the ground. The refs says we blocked in the back. I'm watching one of our coach rant for several minutes about how he saw the whole play and it was clean. "The defender turned as our player engaged him and caused the block in the back". (Note; the kid running the ball was his son so I'm guessing he was watching his son rather than watching the off-ball blocking) Coach looks at me and asks if I saw it and I commented; "if 2 of them saw it, then there must have been someting". He still didn't agree with that. I had continued rolling tape on this whole thing as I tape games for the head coach. I can't wait til he sees it. Sigh- youth coaches in any sport are still youth coaches.