Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 26, 2005, 05:10pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally posted by Stripes33
Some of these leagues can be a real pain in the a** but most are not that bad once the guys learn you're not gonna take their sh*t. I've worked these leagues for years and I think the key to doing them is having the people running them behind your decisions. Here, when we whack a guy he usually gets a one game suspension. Depending on the severity, sometimes more. I think a lot of these guys aren't that bad if you talk to them and let them know you gonna call it firm but fair. I was wondering if anybody does a pregame meeting with captains because I really thinks that helps also. Just remember, you're aleays gonna have that one dumba** out there.

Funny story: My brother and I were doing a men's league championship game and all the guys came up to us before the game telling us how glad they were to have real refs. One player, a local high school coach ends up getting the boot after telling me we were both stupid f*ckers. He follws us to the car after the game and wants to fight. I'm 6'8" - 245 and my brother is 6'6" - 260. I'm in between these two and the guy spits on my brother. Whack, lights out! One punch and the guys out cold. Here's the kicker, he comes to and gets arrested.
I would put him in the "dumb coach" category.