The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 19, 2005, 07:56am
Official Forum Member

For those who are interested.....just received this "E-Memo" from OC about their current promotions! Partake at your option. I've read about many who have had problems...but I have been treated fairly by OC. (Just call to order, rather than online order.)

A message from The Official's Choice, Inc. during the 'Dog days of August'

That’s right ‘OC” customers, we’ve done it again!

For the “Dog Days of August” every pair of “OC” “Mid-Court” Basketball Referee Shoes purchased before Labor Day 2005, September 5th, 2005 we will include “ONE” Free Short Sleeve, V-Neck, Basketball Referee Shirt in our “exclusive” Micro-Softer shirt.

THIS SHIRT WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE DELIVERY WITH THE SHOES, It will be sent under separate US mail cover by the end of October. Please be patient, as an additional gift may be included in the shirt offer delivery

Simply put, it is the most comfortable & highest quality & reasonably priced product in the industry. All the competition is trying to “Knock” our design. But don’t be fooled. by the “crap” the competition is offering under some “special code’ name, this the best one and only shirt you’ll need.

The “Shirt” can be ordered online separately in the black & white, v-neck basketball model, the increasingly popular gray & black, v-neck basketball shirt for the ‘Progressive States’ and it now available in the “football” short sleeve version, all starting at the remarkable price of $17.50.

For the top-flight Collegiate guys & gals, the shirt will be ready to order beginning in October with the “black-insert-side-vent” that many of you saw being worn in the 2003 & 2004 NCAA tournament.

The last of the good news for today, all these shirts will be ready to order in a “true” ladies design in November 2005.

Old Fri Aug 19, 2005, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Oh goodie.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Fri Aug 19, 2005, 09:44am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I received the same e-mail. If my board wore stripes, I would very much consider going with OC. I would call them, as this seems to be the way to get the proper rates. Even with the exchange and duties, I still save money.
Old Fri Aug 19, 2005, 09:45am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Oh goodie.
They left out the part about the cost to mail the shirt at the end of October being $231.40.
Old Fri Aug 19, 2005, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

I received the same message as well. What makes this interesting is I ordered and recieved these shoes about two weeks ago, so I wonder if this special will apply to me. Or, perhaps, do I need to send this pair back and order another, just so I can get this special? Will OC charge me more postage just to get the shirt? Do I save money on return postage on the shoes if I call the Post Office direct, instead of using the Post Office's on-line postage? Sooooo many problems and decisions...

I'll let you know if they "allow" my order as part of their special.

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri Aug 19, 2005, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Oh goodie.
They left out the part about the cost to mail the shirt at the end of October being $231.40.
And even that will only get you the lanyard loop.
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Question on OC shirts: are they a lighter weight fabric (something similar to the micro-poly workout shirts) than the regular double knit poly, or roughly the same?

I ask because the Intera shirt from McDavid appeared (to me; I own't say they lead me to believe it, but I think to a certain extent they did) to be a lightweight poly shirt, but turned out to be actually a heavier fabric than the double knit poly. I didn't like it because, regardless of wicking ability, it was heavy and uncomfortable.
Old Sat Aug 20, 2005, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas Aggie
Question on OC shirts: are they a lighter weight fabric (something similar to the micro-poly workout shirts) than the regular double knit poly, or roughly the same?

I ask because the Intera shirt from McDavid appeared (to me; I own't say they lead me to believe it, but I think to a certain extent they did) to be a lightweight poly shirt, but turned out to be actually a heavier fabric than the double knit poly. I didn't like it because, regardless of wicking ability, it was heavy and uncomfortable.
The Micro-softer fabric is really lite, way liter than the McDavid shirts. I highly recommend it. It's like that coolmax stuff that they're making golf shirts out of.