The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 02, 2005, 01:24pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

This weekend I took my dog to play at a local park. There was a family having a picnic there and one of the men and three of his sons were wearing Little League jerseys from a town about 25 miles from here. It just so happens my oldest grandson Tyler, who just turned eleven, plays in that league. I went over to say hi and we started talking about youth sports. The guy, who is a coach, said he knows Tyler. He told me that as good as Tyler is at baseball, he's even better at basketball (I already knew that ). The guy said he coached against Tyler last season in the basketball league and Ty lit his team up for 24 points (this was fifth grade). He told me they couldn't stop the kid no matter what they tried.

Coincidentally, I attended that game and I remember Ty also had over 10 boards and at least 7 steals - almost a triple double.

Of course I was trying to stay modest about this. He said he was going to try to draft Ty onto his team next year.

Gee, it's really tough to hear stuff like this.
Old Tue Aug 02, 2005, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

So, when your grandkids took all of your talent (and modesty), how come they didn't leave a little for you?

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Aug 02, 2005, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
So, when your grandkids took all of your talent (and modesty), how come they didn't leave a little for you?
No, M, you're mis-reading the genetics. They got their talent from the other side of the family, and their modesty, too. Neither runs on Mark's side!
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 02:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
No, M, you're mis-reading the genetics. They got their talent from the other side of the family, and their modesty, too. Neither runs on Mark's side!
...and their looks too!!!
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 10:48am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
...and their looks too!!!
Oh, c'mon Camron, don't be so hard on the guy!
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
This weekend I took my dog to play at a local park. There was a family having a picnic there and one of the men and three of his sons were wearing Little League jerseys from a town about 25 miles from here. It just so happens my oldest grandson Tyler, who just turned eleven, plays in that league. I went over to say hi and we started talking about youth sports. The guy, who is a coach, said he knows Tyler. He told me that as good as Tyler is at baseball, he's even better at basketball (I already knew that ). The guy said he coached against Tyler last season in the basketball league and Ty lit his team up for 24 points (this was fifth grade). He told me they couldn't stop the kid no matter what they tried.

Coincidentally, I attended that game and I remember Ty also had over 10 boards and at least 7 steals - almost a triple double.

Of course I was trying to stay modest about this. He said he was going to try to draft Ty onto his team next year.

Gee, it's really tough to hear stuff like this.
It had to of been the refs fault. What did he say about the refs?
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 11:16am
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
It had to of been the refs fault. What did he say about the refs?
As I said, I was at that game. The two refs were HS kids without too much experience. Nonetheless, they did a pretty good job. In fact, there were only about 3 or 4 calls the entire game I thought were even close to being questionable, but I know they were on the floor and I was in the bleachers so they had a much better view of the action (are you listening, coaches?)

When I talked to the coach at the park, he didn't mention the officiating.