The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Anthony and Walton (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/20903-anthony-walton.html)

JugglingReferee Thu Jun 16, 2005 07:48pm

Do these guys always jar like this during a pre-game?

Walton is an idiot. Well, 90% idiot.

drothamel Thu Jun 16, 2005 08:11pm

Didn't see it, but I assume you are talking about Greg Anthony, who I kinda like. What happened?

BTW-- is it just me, or is Stephen A. Smith one of the most annoying human beings in all of sports?

BktBallRef Thu Jun 16, 2005 08:12pm

Jugs, I don't watch the pre-game for that exact reason.

And no Doc, it's not just you. He's annoying.

TriggerMN Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:45pm

You want to talk worst of all...Sunday mornings on ESPN they have "Old School/Nu Skool" with Skip Clueless and Steven A. Smith. That just about makes me want to choke myself with my own lanyard listening to those two tools.

BktBallRef Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:02pm

Quote:

Originally posted by TriggerMN
You want to talk worst of all...Sunday mornings on ESPN they have "Old School/Nu Skool" with Skip Clueless and Steven A. Smith. That just about makes me want to choke myself with my own lanyard listening to those two tools.
They're also two fools! :D

rainmaker Fri Jun 17, 2005 01:42am

Quote:

Originally posted by TriggerMN
So why watch?!?

26 Year Gap Sat Jun 18, 2005 07:23am

You are close to making it 3 fools if you keep watching. ;)
Skip Clueless once said that Jerry Rice was NOT one of the all-time great WRs. He is smarter than the guy who pays him though.

tjones1 Sat Jun 18, 2005 05:34pm

Walton is an idiot and Steven A Smith is a super idiot.

jeffpea Tue Jun 21, 2005 04:25pm

FWIW - i think Walton is actually very good. He tends to use too much hyperbole and is somewhat dramatic - but he offers very good insights into the action that is about to happen. He's very intelligent about many different subjects and serves as a very good role model. I'm sure he loves to hear himself talk - which is fine with me considering the major stuttering problem he has overcome as a child.

Greg Anthony is turning out to be a very good analyst as well. As for "Screamin' A. Smith" - I can do without him.

Actually - I can REALLY do without Stuart Scott!!!!!! Why does ESPN choose to put him front and center for every major sporting event that they cover (as well as the non-sports programming)? I change the channel as soon as I see him..........

26 Year Gap Tue Jun 21, 2005 04:31pm

I miss Gayle Gardner. I am with you on Walton. Scott is way too full of himself. I rarely even watch Sportscenter these days,

JRutledge Tue Jun 21, 2005 05:13pm

I love Steven A. Smith and Greg Anthony. Both of their information is right on. Walton played the game at a high level at one time and you would never know it when he speaks. I also do not need and analyst to enjoy the game. It is nice to hear opinions, but just like this place, it is just an opinion. Remember this is entertainment. No one watches a game because of who the analyst was. If that were the case that we watch for who the TV analysts are than the NFL would have a really big problem with their TV ratings.

Peace