The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I Love This Job.... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/20684-i-love-job.html)

brandan89 Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:10am

Tonight I decided to dig out my bag and get it ready for camp next week. While cleaning it out, I found.....$45.00. I like this.. Hopefully, it happens more often. :) Any body ever did this?

rainmaker Sat Jun 04, 2005 01:26am

Quote:

Originally posted by brandan89
Tonight I decided to dig out my bag and get it ready for camp next week. While cleaning it out, I found.....$45.00. I like this.. Hopefully, it happens more often. :) Any body ever did this?
Are you kidding!? For me it's always the opposite...

"I know it was in here last evening. Maybe this pocket, or my shoe bag? Where could it have got to?"

Brandan, just wait till you have a spouse and kids.

Nevadaref Sat Jun 04, 2005 01:30am

Is he saying that he likes officiating or cleaning? :)

brandan89 Sat Jun 04, 2005 01:30am

Hey Juulie, do you know why officiating.com hasent been being updated? Just wondering...

On the other hand, maybe I will take that into consideration when deciding if I want a children and a wife. :-p

rainmaker Sat Jun 04, 2005 01:34am

Quote:

Hey Juulie, do you know why officiating.com hasent been being updated? Just wondering...

absolutely no clue.

Somehow when the spouse and kids first come on the scene, it never seems like such a bad deal. The really icky parts sort of happen quietly, after it's too late. Not that I'm complaining...

brandan89 Sat Jun 04, 2005 01:34am

Quote:

Originally posted by Nevadaref
Is he saying that he likes officiating or cleaning? :)

Well... It is like this.... If I clean and can find money then cleaning. If I can referee and find money, then referee. :)

tjones1 Sat Jun 04, 2005 01:45pm

Quote:

I need to be getting ready for a clinic on Monday & Tuesday. Maybe I'll have the same luck and find something too!

ChrisSportsFan Sat Jun 04, 2005 09:35pm

What about telling your wife to clean your bag and bring you some money.

I gotta go....Yes Honey, I'll be right there.

26 Year Gap Mon Jun 06, 2005 08:10pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:

I need to be getting ready for a clinic on Monday & Tuesday. Maybe I'll have the same luck and find something too!

Ask brandan if you can borrow his bag.

tmp44 Mon Jun 06, 2005 08:19pm

I cleaned out my bag the other day and found a 50 dollar varsity game check...problem was it was dated from December and is void after 90 days!!!

26 Year Gap Mon Jun 06, 2005 08:23pm

They won't look at the date. Deposit it with another check

brandan89 Mon Jun 06, 2005 09:02pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tmp44
I cleaned out my bag the other day and found a 50 dollar varsity game check...problem was it was dated from December and is void after 90 days!!!
Good thing this was good ole' cash, because this would have been void too.

rainmaker Mon Jun 06, 2005 09:07pm

Quote:

Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
They won't look at the date. Deposit it with another check
We tried that once with a check, and the resulting financial mess wasn't worth the $30 we'd forgotten about.

Mark Dexter Tue Jun 07, 2005 08:12am

Quote:

Originally posted by tmp44
If your bank won't take it, call up the school/league that issued the check - they should issue you a replacement.