The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

is anyone going to officiate the 13U girl's national AAU championships in Dayton,Ohio this summer? Dates are July 8-16. I worked them in Rochester, Minnesota last year and had a blast!! It was hard to believe the caliber of ball considering the age group..it was awesome! I will be going to Dayton to work it again. If you are available, it is a great experience. All games are 3 person Women's collegiate mechanics, and you get to work with some very good officials. It is an excellent way to polish up your 3 person mechanics If you have the opportunity to go, I highly recommend it. Hope to see some of you there!!
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

You'll also get to see some "Nationals" who think their $hit doesn't stink.
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

I am one of those "Nationals" and i believe my dumps are just as odiferous as the next guy's. But I have run into some National officials that act in such a manner. I hope I am not one of them! A couple of other things anyone could bring to Dayton is an open mind and recognition of the fact they might learn something from officials that might be more experienced or flat out better than they are. I see the glass as half full...unlike others
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Is this being run in conjunction with the Hamvention?

http://officialforum.com/thread/20538
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

How does someone get involved with those national tournaments? Is everything on your own tab tog get there and is the pay good enough to defer?
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeref
But I have run into some National officials that act in such a manner. I hope I am not one of them!
I'm sure you aren't but I'm glad to see that you agree that they do exist. I worked the 15U National last year and again, saw "some" of them. Not a pretty sight.
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to capwsu
Mikeref-
I worked the tourney in Rochester last summer and I concur that it was a blast with unbelievable talent. I was amazed by how good they were. I worked a few games in the winner's bracket on the big court at the Civic center and had a great time. I'm sure we probably met at some point. Small world... Have a good time in Dayton.
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Speaking of AAU, is this something I should consider getting into? I know people say this is where the players and coaches go wild, but thats not a problem, just seeing if yall think it is something to get into.
Old Tue May 31, 2005, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
How does someone get involved with those national tournaments? Is everything on your own tab tog get there and is the pay good enough to defer?
http://www.aauboysbasketball.org/new...alofficial.pdf
Old Tue May 31, 2005, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by capwsu
Mikeref-
I worked the tourney in Rochester last summer and I concur that it was a blast with unbelievable talent. I was amazed by how good they were. I worked a few games in the winner's bracket on the big court at the Civic center and had a great time. I'm sure we probably met at some point. Small world... Have a good time in Dayton.
I worked that tournament too. I think all of us who have worked with capwsu would agree that he needs to buy some smaller shirts. He blouses the ones he has now way too much.