The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 15, 2001, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
Hello Everyone,

After reading a lot of different comments on this forum I can see the big topic is shoes for basketball officials. I have purchased a pair of the new balance 608's for next season along with a pair of insoles and I am really looking forward to using them. I was talking to the store clerk yesterday and she said new balance and nike are the popular choices right now for basketball officials. Also you can purchase the shoes at any Foot Locker store for cheaper prices then over the internet. Have a great year everyone!!

jtsref
Old Sat Mar 24, 2001, 07:03pm
Official Forum Member

New Balance Shoes

I bought a new pair of NB 608's at the beginning of this year and love them. I work over 50 games a year and today they are like putting on a pair of slippers. I recommend them to everybody.
Jamie O'D.
Old Sat Mar 24, 2001, 11:45pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Hi,

jamie says that he refs over 50 games a year.

Just curious, how many games do you officiate in a season? (September - April I guess.)

Myself, I'm up at around 200.
Old Sat Mar 24, 2001, 11:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to BigDave
I do around 90 per year. This is high school and military intramurals.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2001, 07:27am
Official Forum Member

Number of games

I just reviewed/verified my schedule this weekend and I was surprised to see that I had officiated 102 games (both scholastic and rec ball). No wonder my feet are tired. I have been using Converse Runnin Ref (?), but I am looking for something different. Kinda sorry to see the season end. Summer stuff starts about 1 June.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2001, 06:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
reply to new balance shoes

Thank you for replying to my oringinal posting about the new balance shoes available to officials. In reply to another member's question. I work close to 100 games year between my high school and other games that I do.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2001, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by johnSandlin
Hello Everyone,

After reading a lot of different comments on this forum I can see the big topic is shoes for basketball officials. I have purchased a pair of the new balance 608's for next season along with a pair of insoles and I am really looking forward to using them.
Just a quick "Amen" to the New Balance 608's. Very nice shoes!!!
Old Tue Mar 27, 2001, 05:54am
Official Forum Member

Exclamation New Balance Shoes

Hi Guys:
Some of U do a lot of games. Good for all of U!! I just added mine up..........60 total. 40 College and 20 HS. We really have no summer leagues here. A couple of AAU tournaments to cover but that is all. I am an avid golfer so I play a lot of golf in the Spring and Summer. Spring comes late here in the Northeast. I do attend 3 College Summer camps and run a HS 2 person Camp(as HS Assigner)at our local college. AS HS assigner I think it is important to provide your people with a real constructive avenue to improve. Enough out of me.

Jamie O'D.
Old Tue Mar 27, 2001, 08:03pm
Official Forum Member

I checked on the NB 608's and the shoe store clerk/owner pointed out that their sole tread is designed for outdoors - not an indoor court.

I really like the air Nike's I use (don't remember the model) but they're all black with a white nylon-like swoosh that I had to color black. These shoes saved me when I had to officiate on an indoor concrete court!
Old Wed Mar 28, 2001, 08:40am
Official Forum Member

There is a version of the 608 that is an outdoor shoe, but the all black leather cross trainer is definitly an indoor shoe.