The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Not all look the part

Basketball officials are like a kettle of fish. There are large fish, medium fish and small fish. Large fish are alway the first one notice and then medium and small. It's the small fish that gave the good fight. The one that worked so hard not to be caught and taken.

I have been a coordinator for the past 5 years at the collegiate women's level. I would say, that I am partial to developing women official because it's their game. But I will add, there are many good men official who can officiate at the Division III level. I have not chosen officials because of their size but there compentence to officiate college basketball day in and day out.
I made to the pro's, Division I and Division III. I attended many camps before given the chance to move up at the different levels. It is a process that has been around for many years. Pay your dues and be ready when you get the call to work the next level. You do not move to the next level because of the years you have been officiating. If you thing you are that good then get to a college camp and see how good you are. High school clinics are good but not as good as a collegiate camp. You will be very humble after attending a college camp because of the talented officials.

Spoke my piece.