The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   videos (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/19725-videos.html)

Hard Thu Apr 14, 2005 03:46pm

A couple of different people in the course of the block/charge discussion asked if there was any chance that we could see more videos that we could stop/slow/ microscopically analyze. I think it's a great idea, and I ask that any of you that know of such a resource, let us in on it. I would consider buying a good video on jump-stop vs travel. Any ideas?

BktBallRef Thu Apr 14, 2005 04:17pm

The NFHS has both, although they are a few years old.

M&M Guy Thu Apr 14, 2005 04:31pm

I know the NCAAW has a few on their site as well, with the caption that tells you this should be a PC, travel, or whatever. Some of them are pretty obvious, but they are just pointing out a point of emphasis. Others are not so obvious, and it's their way of showing an official missed a call and what should've been called, or which official should've called it. I am assuming the men's side has something similar. Now, I'm not sure if the NCAA would allow us to post a link; maybe I can try to get that info.

It would be really neat to see the "home-movie" version of some plays from HS games, or digitized versions from non-televised college games. I have watched game tapes of some of my games, but I don't have the computer capability to convert to digital files. I know it's getting a lot easier these days - surely someone has that type of knowledge.

mikesears Fri Apr 15, 2005 08:23am

Quote:

Originally posted by M&M Guy
I know the NCAAW has a few on their site as well, with the caption that tells you this should be a PC, travel, or whatever. Some of them are pretty obvious, but they are just pointing out a point of emphasis. Others are not so obvious, and it's their way of showing an official missed a call and what should've been called, or which official should've called it. I am assuming the men's side has something similar. Now, I'm not sure if the NCAA would allow us to post a link; maybe I can try to get that info.

It would be really neat to see the "home-movie" version of some plays from HS games, or digitized versions from non-televised college games. I have watched game tapes of some of my games, but I don't have the computer capability to convert to digital files. I know it's getting a lot easier these days - surely someone has that type of knowledge.

Send your video tape(s) to me and I can make it happen. Email me at mikesears AT yahoo DOT com.

tomegun Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13am

Mike, do you have someplace where you can put clips and we can look at them or download them?

Snake~eyes Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:53am

Quote:

Originally posted by tomegun
Mike, do you have someplace where you can put clips and we can look at them or download them?
He has a website, I know that. :)