The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 01:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Just because someone officiates a sport, that does not mean they are beyond any human frailty or behavior that is just not right. There are good officials and bad officials. Just like there are good coaches and bad coaches. I really hope that you did not truly believe that there were no officials out there that could behave in that manner or worse?

Peace
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Just because someone officiates a sport, that does not mean they are beyond any human frailty or behavior that is just not right. There are good officials and bad officials. Just like there are good coaches and bad coaches. I really hope that you did not truly believe that there were no officials out there that could behave in that manner or worse?

Peace
Jeff

No, I knew there were probably officials out there who acted like that, but I have never seen one to quite that degree. I know we all miss a few calls from time to time and outside of a few calls that I thought were missed the guy was actually a pretty good official it was just that condescending attitude that upset me. (And the situation at the end of the second OT)
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 02:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake80

Jeff

No, I knew there were probably officials out there who acted like that, but I have never seen one to quite that degree. I know we all miss a few calls from time to time and outside of a few calls that I thought were missed the guy was actually a pretty good official it was just that condescending attitude that upset me. (And the situation at the end of the second OT)

I was addressing the way you named this topic. Coaches do not completely lie. They might exaggerate some situations and issues as it relates to officials, but there are officials out there that are not very respected. Good coaches know who the good officials are.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:

Jeff

I was addressing the way you named this topic. Coaches do not completely lie. They might exaggerate some situations and issues as it relates to officials, but there are officials out there that are not very respected. Good coaches know who the good officials are.

Peace

Sorry if I offended anyone I was just trying poke a little fun at coaches and those officials who can never admit they might have been mistaken.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Poke fun? I don't think so....

Quote:
Sorry if I offended anyone I was just trying poke a little fun at coaches and those officials who can never admit they might have been mistaken.
Uh, yeah. Sorry, I call "bull****".

Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Wink Re: Poke fun? I don't think so....

Quote:
Originally posted by canuckrefguy
Quote:
Uh, yeah. Sorry, I call "bull****".

Aaah. Another country heard from. Perhaps you are one of those officials who think they never make mistakes eh? As for the bull**** you can keep your mad cow disease north of the border (BSE for those of you who prefer that label). Whoever thought it was a good idea to feed cattle their ground up brothers and sisters anyway.

There, now that's how I write when I mean to offend. Like many officials I just come here to learn and maybe relate a situation or two. My main interest in officiating is because I have an interest in the game and to take a break from the reality of a stressful real job. Obviously there are few people whose lives revolve around officiating and this board (and I don't mean the moderators) but I'm not one of them. Gee, I hope you don't think I sound too angry.

PS: Hey Mick, I noticed you are the moderator of almost every board. Congratulations on knowing the rules of so many sports. You are the man!!! (and yes that is a serious comment I have a great deal of respect for Mick's opinions)
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 03:52pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
[/B]
Whoever thought it was a good idea to feed cattle their ground up brothers and sisters anyway.

[/B][/QUOTE]Hey, if it's good enough for the millions of people that eat at the Golden Arches, it should be good enough for a few damn cattle too.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Whoever thought it was a good idea to feed cattle their ground up brothers and sisters anyway.

[/B]
Hey, if it's good enough for the millions of people that eat at the Golden Arches, it should be good enough for a few damn cattle too. [/B][/QUOTE]

They make the cattle eat worms???!

Yuch!!

btw, Jeeter bottom 9th..."it is high...it is far...it is...". You know the rest.

Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 04:15pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

btw, Jeeter bottom 9th..."it is high...it is far...it is...". You know the rest.

[/B]
See baseball thread

I watched it on NESN too.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 09:11pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Well, I guess John Sterling might be a bigger blowhard than Packer & Rome.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, if it's good enough for the millions of people that eat at the Golden Arches, it should be good enough for a few damn cattle too. [/B]
It's Soylent Green!!!
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 09:23pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, if it's good enough for the millions of people that eat at the Golden Arches, it should be good enough for a few damn cattle too.
It's Soylent Green!!! [/B]
Gasp!

They wouldn't, would they?