The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Gear Bags (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/19320-gear-bags.html)

tjones1 Thu Mar 24, 2005 03:57pm

I know we've talked about this a million times, but I'm bored! :D

Anyways, I am now using the Samsonite Ultra 3000 XLT Expandable 24" & Samsonite Ultra 3000 XLT Tote. Anyone else using this or what are you using?

South GA BBall Ref Thu Mar 24, 2005 04:03pm

tjones: Bored ain't the word. You know that is gonna start a ton of responses and debate. I bet there are as many as 30 responses and debates about what is better. May even spark the Official Choice debate again. Since I am responding, I throw all my gear in a local supermarket grocery bag ( I prefer Walmart's brand) and tie it to the end of a limb from the many pine trees in my yard!

WyMike Thu Mar 24, 2005 04:06pm

I started with an older racquetball tourney bag for FB last year which finally gave out. Then switched to a small Polo Sport Bag which came with a bottle of Polo cologne. :D

For the next FB season I'm torn between the R25 and R30 from +pos. One seems a bit small while the other seems a bit large.

btw, I'm bored too...

Redhouse Thu Mar 24, 2005 04:19pm

bored here also

I have tried the walmart bags before and I prefer the Target bags. They seem to be a lot more durable than the standard Walmart bags. I usually use 3 of them. I put one shoe in their own bag and then my extra clothes in another. It works well for me. I always prefer to keep my shoes in seperate bags so that they don't get scuffed up by rubbing against each other.

tjones1 Thu Mar 24, 2005 04:28pm

Quote:

Originally posted by WyMike
Then switched to a small Polo Sport Bag which came with a bottle of Polo cologne. :D
Did you put it on before you went out onto the court?! :)

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 24, 2005 04:37pm

I use a custom designed bag by Yves St. Laurent. It's made out of baby harp seal pelts and is diamond encrusted. I once had it blessed with holy Gatorade by Earl Strom. It doesn't need wheels because of the anti-gravity device.

If I ever get strapped for cash, I might sell it on ebay along with my autographed Billy Packer dartboard.

Isn't it sad when a person runs out of their meds? :p

WyMike Thu Mar 24, 2005 04:47pm

Quote:

Originally posted by bballrob
Oh man, this is a whole new topic. There's one dude in our association that stinks up the whole dressing room with that $hit when he's gettin ready for a game.
Which reminds me about men's league the other night. Lucky for me I was wearing my glasses instead of contacts as there was so much Ben Gay in the air it was not only difficult to breathe - my eye's were burning!

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Mar 24, 2005 07:49pm

I prefer the plastic bags from Kroger's myself.

MTD, Sr.

Snake~eyes Thu Mar 24, 2005 08:03pm

I need to get a new gear bag I'm thinking.

gostars Thu Mar 24, 2005 08:25pm

I have the medium size gear bag from Under Armor. I have used several time and really like it. The zipper broke but UA is replacing the bag under warranty

mj Thu Mar 24, 2005 08:54pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tjones1
[B]I know we've talked about this a million times, but I'm bored! :D

I think you've been bored for awhile Tanner. Over 1000 posts since October!!

tjones1 Thu Mar 24, 2005 09:05pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mj
Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1

Do I know you...you seem to know me!? :) Well, while that's true, I could carless about the number of posts I've got, I'm on here everyday after I get done with my classes just to have fun and learn whatever I can. Basically, I've got nothing better to do. ;)

[Edited by tjones1 on Mar 24th, 2005 at 09:13 PM]

buckrog64 Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:16pm

I use a certain type of large box so that if something happens to me on the court, they can ship me back in it. It's all prepaid, ready to go.

bob jenkins Fri Mar 25, 2005 08:37am

Quote:

Well, while that's true, I could carless about the number of posts I've got, I'm on here everyday after I get done with my classes just to have fun and learn whatever I can. Basically, I've got nothing better to do. ;)

If you had a car, you'd have something better to do.

Grocery Clerk: "Carry your bag, sir?"

Me: "No, that's okay. She can walk."

mj Fri Mar 25, 2005 09:56am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:

Originally posted by mj
Quote:

Do I know you...you seem to know me!? :) Well, while that's true, I could carless about the number of posts I've got, I'm on here everyday after I get done with my classes just to have fun and learn whatever I can. Basically, I've got nothing better to do. ;)

I'm sure you don't know me. I don't post that often but I'm on here daily so I know your first name.

ChrisSportsFan Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:05am

Quote:

Originally posted by buckrog64
I use a certain type of large box so that if something happens to me on the court, they can ship me back in it. It's all prepaid, ready to go.
Hey, that's a good idea. Carry your stuff to games in a box using a 2 wheel dolly. Then you can keep your shoes in their original box and it will pack rather nicely. Currently I bring in all my gear hanging on a rolling laundry rack. This poses a problem when I have to tie my shoe laces together because sometimes the knot pulls pretty tight.

tjones1 Fri Mar 25, 2005 01:13pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mj
Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by mj
Quote:

I'm sure you don't know me. I don't post that often but I'm on here daily so I know your first name.
It's cool, I was just sort of lost. No biggie! :)

drothamel Fri Mar 25, 2005 01:29pm

I use a black Samsonite on wheels. I used to use a regular black gym bag. All I can say is God bless the person that decided to put wheels on luggage! It is definitely better than carrying stuff over your shoulder. I also carry my jacket on a separate hanger, because I hate getting it all wrinkled in my bag, plus it gives me a place to hang my office clothes during the game.

I will say that the hobo/bag on a stick look sounds interesting. It could be whole new fashion trend. I can just see Coach or Ralph Lauren coming out with something that people carry around the Hamptons to throw in the back of the Bentley. Give it a 5th Ave. meets the Appalachians feel.

Jurassic Referee Fri Mar 25, 2005 01:38pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

It's easier to use the shopping carts. They carry a lot more equipment. Easy to push. You can tie sharp objects to the front of one for those occasions when you have to make a quick getaway after a game. A little cardboard over the top keeps out the snow/rain. You can even sell advertising to put on the sides if you want--"Joe's Eyeglasses".

South GA BBall Ref Fri Mar 25, 2005 02:59pm

I got an idea that expands on my grocery store plastic bags. I'm thinking about upgrading to FootLocker bags on the end of that pine tree limb. That way, it looks somewhat "official". The fans already think I'm a FootLocker sales guy moonlighting as a basketball official.

PS2Man Fri Mar 25, 2005 03:00pm

I use a cheap luggage bag with rollers that I bought at Wal-Mart about 2 1/2 years ago. I am probably going to get another bag soon because this one is getting warn out.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Mar 25, 2005 03:34pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

It's easier to use the shopping carts. They carry a lot more equipment. Easy to push. You can tie sharp objects to the front of one for those occasions when you have to make a quick getaway after a game. A little cardboard over the top keeps out the snow/rain. You can even sell advertising to put on the sides if you want--"Joe's Eyeglasses".

JR:

I like your idea. You go into the used shopping cart sales business for sports officials.

MTD, Sr.

dblref Fri Mar 25, 2005 07:09pm

Quote:

Originally posted by WyMike
Quote:

Originally posted by bballrob
Oh man, this is a whole new topic. There's one dude in our association that stinks up the whole dressing room with that $hit when he's gettin ready for a game.
Which reminds me about men's league the other night. Lucky for me I was wearing my glasses instead of contacts as there was so much Ben Gay in the air it was not only difficult to breathe - my eye's were burning!

I heard this complaint during the last week of the season. Was doing a 3-whistle GV game and all of us were using either ben-gay or flexsol. JV guys were complaining about the smell. Told them the smell was how you tell the better officials.:D