The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

As a UK fan I am literally praying that we don't see Hess in Austin. He has really hurt UK in recent years in big games. North Carolina's 40 plus free throws this year with two phantoms on Chuck in the first 5 minutes. Last year in the UAB game, he called a horrible charge on Buike, and a 5 second call on the out of bounds, which was really only 4, and on replay shows his body leaned in at 3! as if he was wanting to blow the whistle, he waited until 4 to do so.
He also called the Marquette game of 3 years ago and made another horrible charge call that involed A. Barbour. It was so bad that both the TV and arena counted the basket that AB made. Hess waived the basket and called a charge which ended up being a 5 6 point turnaround because Marquette hit a three the next trip.

Hess called the Duke games of this past weekend and is widely known as a ACC/Duke ref. I hope the NCAA does not put him in the same region as Duke, and especially UK.

He has hurt us in many ways over the years.

Anyone know where Hess may be going?
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:13pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by TubbyRules
As a UK fan I am literally praying that we don't see Hess in Austin. He has really hurt UK in recent years in big games. North Carolina's 40 plus free throws this year with two phantoms on Chuck in the first 5 minutes. Last year in the UAB game, he called a horrible charge on Buike, and a 5 second call on the out of bounds, which was really only 4, and on replay shows his body leaned in at 3! as if he was wanting to blow the whistle, he waited until 4 to do so.
He also called the Marquette game of 3 years ago and made another horrible charge call that involed A. Barbour. It was so bad that both the TV and arena counted the basket that AB made. Hess waived the basket and called a charge which ended up being a 5 6 point turnaround because Marquette hit a three the next trip.

Hess called the Duke games of this past weekend and is widely known as a ACC/Duke ref. I hope the NCAA does not put him in the same region as Duke, and especially UK.

He has hurt us in many ways over the years.

Anyone know where Hess may be going?
By popular demand of all the officials in the world, Hess is going to Austin to do the UK game.

Now screw off, fanboy. This site is for grown-ups, not whiny immature little goobers like you. Find a fanboy site and moan about the bad ol' officials to your hearts content.

Lah me. March Madness is here- fer sure.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

I hope you brought your asbestos undies, my friend!

Popcorn, anyone?
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

i have the game tapes broken down to show you the calls if you'd like to see...

wow, didn't know this was a site that allowed 4th graders on here...
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:

4th graders are only allowed until the moderators see them, so I'm giving you about 15 more minutes and then it's....

In the words of fans everywhere...

na-na-na=-na

na-na-na-na

hey-hey

good bye!
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

4th graders are only allowed until the moderators see them, so I'm giving you about 15 more minutes and then it's....

In the words of fans everywhere...

na-na-na=-na

na-na-na-na

hey-hey

good bye!
LOL, you're in fine form today!
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:32pm
Official Forum Member

i guess i misunderstood this site...

i thought it was a place to discuss officiating?

Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:48pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

It is a place to discuss officiating. Unfortunately, you aren't capable of reasonably or knowledgably doing that though. Iow, this isn't a place for immature clueless fanboys like you that wanna blame the officials for their team's losses. If you think that there's a massive conspiracy out there to screw UK, hey, take it to Congress. Maybe they'll drop the baseball inquiry to look into your concerns. It's worth a shot.

Let us know how that turns out.

Lah me.

Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

If by discuss you mean complain about and berate officials, you are mistaken. If by discuss you mean to learn from others about the rules, mechanics and art of officiating, you've got the right place.

If you're truly here to discuss officiating, then leave your biases at the door and come with your honest questions. But since I believe you're intent lies in the realm of complaining and berating, let me just leave you with one fact that, in the end, you will probably just discard. I share it with you only in the hopes that it may rattle around in the back of your mind for a while and eventually cause your mind to open. I admit, it's a longshot.

Here it is: What the fans in the arena or the uneducated bufoons that infest the airwaves think about an official's call, has absolutely no bearing on whether it is the right call or not. Zero. Not even the tiniest bit.

Now if you have a specific call you want to discuss, please feel free to post a question. But only if you really want to know the answer to the question. If you're just looking to support what you already believe, then you ought to take JR's advice and find a fan board. There are plenty of folks there willing to wallow in ignorance.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:54pm
Official Forum Member

It is a place to discuss officiating. Maybe the rest of the board got off to the wrong start with you.

However we have just one criteria if you are going to berate an official and/or his or her performance... that criteria being you have expertise in the field of evaluating basketball officials. Therefore please list your credentials so that we can give your thoughts the consideration they deserve. In your list please indicate the folowing:
*the last time you read the rule book
*the last time you read the CCA Officals Manual
*How many referee camps/clinics you have attended (for purposes of this evaluation, please indicate the college clinics attended since this is the level we are talking about)
*How many years you have been officiating
*Hom many games you have called as a Div 1 official
*Any other pertinent criteria that I may have left out

Now if you don't have any of these credentials you do not know enough about officiating to offer up anything valuable with regards to discussing officiating. All you have is your fan bias, which does not account for much. If you do, then maybe we should take another look at your evaluations. Until then, we will treat your comments at face value which is purely fanboy speak.

As a moderator myself, I will tell you if you have legitimate questions regarding officiating and philosphy, by all means ask away. If you came here to rant about "bad calls" against your team and officials who are biased, I will quickly delete your posts and account and you can take that to a fan site.

Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 06:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

You came in here to tell us that you think Hess is biased against UK and that you supposedly have video that can show it. The purpose of your post is rather transparent, you came in here to bash an official while disguising it as something more noble.

As far as the TV/Arena putting the score on the board and then having it wiped off, that is a problem with those entities. The scorer's are not supposed to input information until we (the officials) are done reporting the information.

This forum is generally used to discuss calls/no-calls and to tell other referees to screw teams for no apparent reason other than to get some team followers in here so we can hate on them. Being from Indiana myself, I try to give every team from Kentucky the "homer" treatment.

BTW, whenever Hess works a Cantucky game, I put $500 on their opponent... its a sure thing
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

It isn't, so GTF out.

Can somebody get rid of this fanboy?
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 07:06pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:

It isn't, so GTF out.

Can somebody get rid of this fanboy?
Lowest of the low. The only thing worse than a KU fanboy is a TarHeel fanboy. Sure hope none of those clowns show up.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 07:06pm
Official Forum Member

Popcorn! Get yer Popcorn! You can't enjoy a good fan-boy beating without popcorn!
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BBall_Junkie
It is a place to discuss officiating. Maybe the rest of the board got off to the wrong start with you.

However we have just one criteria if you are going to berate an official and/or his or her performance... that criteria being you have expertise in the field of evaluating basketball officials. Therefore please list your credentials so that we can give your thoughts the consideration they deserve. In your list please indicate the folowing:
*the last time you read the rule book
*the last time you read the CCA Officals Manual
*How many referee camps/clinics you have attended (for purposes of this evaluation, please indicate the college clinics attended since this is the level we are talking about)
*How many years you have been officiating
*Hom many games you have called as a Div 1 official
*Any other pertinent criteria that I may have left out

Now if you don't have any of these credentials you do not know enough about officiating to offer up anything valuable with regards to discussing officiating. All you have is your fan bias, which does not account for much. If you do, then maybe we should take another look at your evaluations. Until then, we will treat your comments at face value which is purely fanboy speak.

As a moderator myself, I will tell you if you have legitimate questions regarding officiating and philosphy, by all means ask away. If you came here to rant about "bad calls" against your team and officials who are biased, I will quickly delete your posts and account and you can take that to a fan site.
BBall_Junkie is DA MAN!!!!
Closed Thread