The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Nevada/Illnois thread (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/19214-nevada-illnois-thread.html)

BktBallRef Sat Mar 19, 2005 06:13pm

Does Illinois not own any white uniforms?

Pretty sure they were in white on Thursday.

BktBallRef Sat Mar 19, 2005 06:28pm

Interesting sitch...

NV coach is berating the T who is tableside about a foul on his team and a no call on ILL, both good decisions. T gets a stop sign and is warning him when the L comes from the baseline and sticks him. Hmmmmmmmm.

tjones1 Sat Mar 19, 2005 06:30pm

Guessing there's no seat belt in the NCAA?

ChuckElias Sat Mar 19, 2005 06:47pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
T gets a stop sign and is warning him when the L comes from the baseline and sticks him. Hmmmmmmmm.
I noticed that it was the Lead who stuck him. I didn't see what was going on with the Trail. That'll be an interesting halftime conversation.

And no, there's no suitbelt rule in the NCAA.

tjones1 Sat Mar 19, 2005 06:57pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
T gets a stop sign and is warning him when the L comes from the baseline and sticks him. Hmmmmmmmm.
I noticed that it was the Lead who stuck him. I didn't see what was going on with the Trail. That'll be an interesting halftime conversation.

Didn't think so, but wanted to make sure. Thanks

ChuckElias Sat Mar 19, 2005 06:59pm

Quote:

"Suitbelt"? I'm pretty sure there's no suitbelt rule in FED either. :rolleyes:

tjones1 Sat Mar 19, 2005 07:22pm

Hmmmm, good point Chuck! ;)

Back In The Saddle Sun Mar 20, 2005 08:58pm

Quote:

Quote:

"Suitbelt"? I'm pretty sure there's no suitbelt rule in FED either. :rolleyes:

Well there darn sure oughtta be! :D

Nevadaref Mon Mar 21, 2005 02:37am

Fanboy mode on:

I was glad that Coach Fox took a T there. I thought that he had a point that Illinois was being allowed to play more physical defense under the basket than Nevada throughout the first half.
The last two trips merely highlighted that in his mind. The calls were probably both right though. He was merely fighting for his team.
I didn't like that the Lead came and got him when the T seemed to have it handled. The complaint was far more about the T's no call on the other end when he was the L than the new Lead's call that was just made.

Fanboy mode off:

I'll have to watch the tape again to see who did exactly what, but I did find it interesting that Nevada had both Ken Ditty and Mike Kitts for both games.
Since the pod system allows teams from different Regionals to play at the same first round site, I would think that a good NCAA policy would be to have the officials only see a team once on the first weekend with the guys who do a 2nd round game working the teams from the other Regional than the one they had in the 1st round.