The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   bracket talk (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/19189-bracket-talk.html)

ChrisSportsFan Fri Mar 18, 2005 02:15pm

Yesterday I was 11-16 and unless Charlotte puts in their 10 point play it looks like today isn't starting off to good for me.

How's everybody doing thus far?

ChrisSportsFan Fri Mar 18, 2005 02:22pm

Let's think about this.... I was 11 right out of 16. Sorry to confuse you.

pizanno Fri Mar 18, 2005 02:23pm

WARNING ! tooting my own horn:

i went 16-16, and picked #10 NC State making it 17 in a row this morning. luck had everything to do with it!

looks like my streak will end with Minnesota losing to Iowa State.

pizanno Fri Mar 18, 2005 03:02pm

Are you questioning my integrity, coach?!

yeah, I missed the boat on this group's pool.

but tooting my own horn at this stage is like Oakland saying that they're tied with UNC 5:00 minutes into the game.

so if I'm gonna BS, it'll be more self-serving, like "sorry I missed the pool, but I was on a plane to Syracuse hired by CBS as a consultant for Billy Packer. He wanted to ensure he got all of the rule interpretations correct before speaking"

stmaryrams Fri Mar 18, 2005 04:09pm

Re: Are you questioning my integrity, coach?!

Quote:

Originally posted by pizanno
yeah, I missed the boat on this group's pool.

but tooting my own horn at this stage is like Oakland saying that they're tied with UNC 5:00 minutes into the game.

so if I'm gonna BS, it'll be more self-serving, like "sorry I missed the pool, but I was on a plane to Syracuse hired by CBS as a consultant for Billy Packer. He wanted to ensure he got all of the rule interpretations correct before speaking"

You're just trying to steal my Clark Kellogg consultant line now.

BTW I was 12 of 16, darn Pitt Panthers and WVA

tjones1 Fri Mar 18, 2005 04:13pm

I didn't do too bad yesterday. I believe I went 14 of 16. Today is a different story though! ;)

ChrisSportsFan Fri Mar 18, 2005 05:05pm

Why do the announcers say such crap? Central Florida vs Conn, last minute of the game and there's a held ball. The announcer on the radio says; "that's why I hate the possession arrow, we need to re-teach the officials how to throw the ball up again so we can go back to jumping it up."

First of all, if we don't know how to throw it up, then why don't we just go to a coin flip to start the game?

Second, could someone please clarify what the reasoning was behind switching to the AP? I wasn't wearing strips when that rule changed but I gotta assume it was to cut down on rough play the can happen when jumping it up. Also I guess it cuts out the mismatch jumps.

ChrisSportsFan Fri Mar 18, 2005 05:23pm

Like I said, I was not a referee back when they changed the rule and if while I was playing I ever kicked any of you in the nads or the aaaa...mm, I apologize.

BktBallRef Fri Mar 18, 2005 05:34pm

15 of 16 right yesterday.

Dropped a couple today, though.

But, the good news is that ALL of my projected second round winners are still alive. Picking a loser is okay as long as you don't have that loser advancing for another round or two. That's a major plus!

rainmaker Sat Mar 19, 2005 09:47am

The previous post was at 5:30 pm Friday. I'm wondering if ANYONE is left in after all the "upsets" last evening.

ChrisSportsFan Sat Mar 19, 2005 09:52am

after the first round, I'm 23 out of 32. Big problem is that I had Pitt and Kansas winning their next 2 and Syracuse winning their next 1. It's almost like a Madness or something!!

Adam Sat Mar 19, 2005 03:41pm

27 - 5 yesterday. Only two of my 2nd round winners are gone. All my Elite 8 teams are still here.