The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Have you ever had that dream where you're doing some kind of work, and you're just dog tired and you think to yourself, if I could just get this/that/the-other done I could go to sleep? I used to get it during baseball season. I would be working the plate and thinking to myself that if I could just get out of this inning, I could go to sleep. But the inning kept going on and on. (just one more reason I no longer work sports that don't have a game clock!)

I had it once while I was working at a grocery store too. I was in my checkstand, wearing my pajamas, and fuming at the customers because they could obviously see that I just wanted to go to sleep. But all I could do is just keep scanning groceries. kind of funny really.

I train and assign officials for my local church league. Their boys and girls seasons ended recently. Along come the region folks wanting to hold a tournament. They need each league in the region to provide some officials. When they see my folks work, they ask us back again the next week to work their championship rounds. Meanwhile my church league decides to start up a mens league (without talking to me about it at all). Then they tell me that after the regional tournament, they want to have a league tournament for the boys since they didn't all get to go to regionals. Then I found out that after the men's season they want to have a tournament for them too.

They're talking about starting a women's league next year. Just my luck they'll decide that the last minute men's league was such a hit that they're just going to go ahead and do women's ball this year too. Meanwhile I'm in my pajamas wondering why they can't see that I just want to go to sleep!

[Edited by Back In The Saddle on Mar 8th, 2005 at 10:31 PM]
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Have you considered seeing a counselor?
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 09:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Have you considered seeing a counselor?
I did. I was laying there on his couch, in my pajamas thinking to myself that if I could only finish telling him about my mother, I could finally go to sleep
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member

What scares me is that I actually understood some of your e-mail. The crisis clinic is leaving the light on for me.

Z
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Old Wed Mar 09, 2005, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Whenever I get a fever or have lot's of stress at work; I'm running along some train track trying to get ahead of the train so I can jump across because I can see my bed on the other side. Everytime I get a little ahead of the train, it get's rockier, or there's a crowd of hobos to run thru, or some brush I have to get past and I loose my lead. It's like the train is trying to race me. I had to leave a company that transfered me 1000+ miles because of the stress and now I sleep with a mouthguard so I can't grind my teeth.

I think officiating has saved my sanity. It tires me out so I can sleep. I love the game so it relaxes me. Plus I get to read all the funny stories on this forum. The funniest of which are when folks go-da hollerin and arguing.
Old Wed Mar 09, 2005, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

This sounds like a strong case for medication.

Just make sure you have enough to share with the rest of the class...

(Used with permission.)