The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Going to the BIG SHOW!!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18983-going-big-show.html)

ocreferee Mon Mar 07, 2005 01:30pm

I just received word today that I am working the Maryland 4A girls state semifinal on Thursday. I was thrilled just to be nominated to work a state game. Being assigned one has put me on cloud 9!

Good luck to everyone else working state tournament games!!!

OCReferee

BktBallRef Mon Mar 07, 2005 01:41pm

Congrats partner. Working state is a blast. Absorb it all!

Almost Always Right Mon Mar 07, 2005 01:47pm

Very Nice

I am so fortunate to know the kind of feeling that you have right now.(I like how I made your post about me)
Remember the feeling.
Nice Job!!
"Can You Be Perfect?!?!?" - Billy Bob Thornton
AAR

[Edited by Almost Always Right on Mar 8th, 2005 at 09:41 AM]

Ron Pilo Mon Mar 07, 2005 05:59pm

Congrats on the assignment..........Exciting times ahead for you.......I had a great time this last week. Got to work the Washington State "B" girls Championship on Saturday.......great fun with about 4,000 screaming fans added to the excitment.....too bad the game wasn't any closer 67-50.

[Edited by Ron Pilo on Mar 7th, 2005 at 06:02 PM]

tjones1 Mon Mar 07, 2005 06:15pm

Congrats on making it!!! Have fun and be sure to report back with your state story! :)

Mark Padgett Mon Mar 07, 2005 09:02pm

Congrats. Don't forget to wear your fishnets. :p

tjones1 Mon Mar 07, 2005 09:08pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Congrats. Don't forget to wear your fishnets. :p
Are all rights reserved by rainmaker or you?! :D Just wondering :)

RookieDude Mon Mar 07, 2005 09:19pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Pilo
Congrats on the assignment..........Exciting times ahead for you.......I had a great time this last week. Got to work the Washington State "B" girls Championship on Saturday.......great fun with about 4,000 screaming fans added to the excitment.....too bad the game wasn't any closer 67-50.

[Edited by Ron Pilo on Mar 7th, 2005 at 06:02 PM]

Congrats on the State Assignment ocreferee, a semi hey... well you must be doing somehting right! :)

Ron Pilo,
Congrats on the State Final assignment! That is a big honor around these parts...like to do one someday.

Ron...heading over to your neck of the woods (Tacoma, WA) tommorrow. 4A Boys...come up and say Hi!

brianp134 Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:11pm

Congrats

OC: congrats on your assignment. What part of MD do you live in? Myself & a few others are in the PG County area. I plan to be at the state tourney this year, and I have a few friends who are working. I also see that you work in the Capital Conference on the women's side, I have friends in that conference who work womens ball. What a small world! Once again congrats!

[Edited by brianp134 on Mar 7th, 2005 at 11:13 PM]

dblref Tue Mar 08, 2005 06:18am

OC: Congrats on your assignment. I know your dad is proud of you. Talked to him at association meeting about 3 weeks ago. I'm going to Richmond on Saturday for the VA state finals (watching, not officiating). We will have games at 11, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9. Going to be a long day!

tomegun Tue Mar 08, 2005 06:58am

Congrats on your assignment!

ocreferee Tue Mar 08, 2005 09:08am

Re: Congrats

Quote:

Originally posted by brianp134
What part of MD do you live in?

Brian...I live in Ocean Pines just 10 minutes from the beach and work for board 157.

DBL.. I haven't actually talked with dad yet. Mom was super excited for me though!

To Everyone... Thanks for the encouragement! I'll report back after the game!

Ron Pilo Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:05am

RookieDude,

I will be there on Thursday most of the day......Look forward to meeting up with you.

RP

South GA BBall Ref Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:30pm

ocreferee:

Having just recently finished officiating a State Semi Final and Final for the first time in my career, all I can say is congratulations and enjoy the moment. Remember: alot of officials can call fouls and violations, but I would risk saying that at the "Big Show" you have to remember a reason you also are there is because of how well you can manage the game. Congratulations!

tyopsguy45 Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:06pm

Congrats on the call. Do a great job!!!!!!