The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Anyone on this forum ever purchase and use the patent leather shoes sold by The Officials Choice, Inc. (www.theofficalschoice.com)??? I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on this shoe. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

I have never worn their shoes but I was thinking about getting a pair also.

BTW, I do have one of their belts and I highly recommend it.
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 03:23pm
M.A.S.H.

Talking

Might use google to help you search for this topic. Personally, I doubt I ever do business with the OC anymore, but that's just me.
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 03:31pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by Redhouse
I have never worn their shoes but I was thinking about getting a pair also.

BTW, I do have one of their belts and I highly recommend it.
You wear a belt?
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Ah, Officials Choice!!!! LOL!!! Last week, we discussed their "moving sale" and discovered that it was nothing more than a ploy, as they have OUTRAGEOUS shipping charges.

I went to the site and was going to order 3 shirts for a total of $45. To ship the shirts vis US MAIL, they were going to charge me OVER $16!!!! US MAIL = OVER $16!!! When I scaled it back to 1 shirt, it was going to be $10!!!

Now, they can easily mail the shirt for $4. And if they want to add $2 for handling, I wouldn't mind $6. But $16 is absolutely ridiculous. The US MAIL supplies the box and picks up the package. RIDICULOUS!

So, as I have been known to do, I ripped off an email to them. I posted the email here, in the thread where we were discussing the "sale." Here's the email I sent.

Officials CHoice,

I saw your moving sale and thought I'd pick up a few items. Then I calculated shipping and figured out your game. What complete and total bull****! $10 to ship one shirt via USPS Priority Mail!?! $16 to ship 3 shirts!?!

You must have found a lot of stupid people out there to make this work successfully but not me. I'll never order from you again. Further, I'm posting this on every officiating discussion board I can find on the Internet!

Well, I got a reply yesterday!

Mr. Haire,
In the future when venting your anger, please do so in a professional manner,
using vulgar and inappropriate language is not necessary.
We ask you to conduct your business like an adult.
Furthermore if you want to waste your time and energy posting things on the internet
that are negative in nature, I suggest your re-evalaute your priorities, but that is your choice.
For you to put on an ACT this way over $10.00 is very disturbing and your agenda is in question. But that is life.
Take care sir.

ROTFLMAO!!!

In any case, I'm quite sure that they'll really be impressed with my reply, which I can't post here or mick or bob will ban me. But I did include this.

"I will make it my mission in life to post on every officiating board that I find, how you screw officials over with your outrageous shipping charges."

And so, the mission begins!
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 06:53pm
Official Forum Member

At last Tony has a sense of purpose to his life!
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 07:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
I doubt I ever do business with the OC anymore, but that's just me.
Unless they make some big changes, I'm in your boat.
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

I ordered 4 shirts from them the other day. They sent it priority mail, 2-3 days. The charged me $10.92. I thought that was fair.

I have a couple of friends who wear the OC patent Leather shoe. They like them alot. As for me, I wear the patent leather shoe from Honig. It is the best shoe I have ever worn. I liked them so much, I bought another pair and am thinking about a third pair.
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BamaRef
I ordered 4 shirts from them the other day. They sent it priority mail, 2-3 days. The charged me $10.92. I thought that was fair.
Did you call in your order or order via their online ordering system?
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 09:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drothamel
I'm not a fan of patent leather. I prefer to shine them myself; it is kind of a ritual for me. I just switched this year to Nike Shox. I didn't realize what a difference a basketball shoe can make. My legs really feel better after a game since wearing them. I used to wear New Balance, which I loved; but I have been pleasantly surprised by the Shox.

As for OC, I have read a lot of complaints about them, but I have never had a problem. In fact, I had to return 4 shirts because they were too big, and it was really easy to send them back, and they got the new ones to me, no problem.
Official Forum Member

I've 4 pairs of shoes on order, that and a pair of pants and a equipment bag. I've never had problems with their service in the past.

I suggest calling them. The long distance fees could save you a few bucks on shipping.
Official Forum Member

yes i purchased a pair and wear them to games all the time the coaches and fans both notice how shiny my shoes are. but as far as comort they are not as good as my nike shox.
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 12:49am
Official Forum Member

(Reprinted from Feb 9th, 2005 09:06 PM forum thread

I still have my Converse Patent Leather shoes and alternate them with my OC's from game-to-game. This way the shoes get a chance to completely air dry out.

In comparison....the Converses look nicer and are ok if you happen to work a hi-tech floor. Otherwise, I really like my OCs best! All around....great fit, comfortable, better padded in the heel, good arch and achilles support for those "old-time" classic hardcourts. I really like 'em! Also, they clean up easier than my Converses because the "Cons" have lots of nooks & crannies that pick up dust in.

I will concide that I'm a bit bias about the OC's in that the owner of OfficialsChoice asked me to wear-test their prototype (beta-model) to evaluate and give feedback before they went to manufacture. All the guys I work with have 'em and with the exception of one....they like them. The one who had a fit problem removed the footliner and replaced them with his own orthotics and they are now very comfortable for him. We did not have problems with delays or backorders in that we were on the front end of the initial orders after production.

Now with commercial completed....the most important thing about shoes is get the ones that "FIT" you best! Brand & price aren't important when you are suffering foot and other muscular/skeletal pain because the shoes you are wearing don't fit, protect or support your feet properly!

Good luck!

wl

Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 01:26am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Ah, Officials Choice!!!! LOL!!! Last week, we discussed their "moving sale" and discovered that it was nothing more than a ploy, as they have OUTRAGEOUS shipping charges.

I went to the site and was going to order 3 shirts for a total of $45. To ship the shirts vis US MAIL, they were going to charge me OVER $16!!!! US MAIL = OVER $16!!! When I scaled it back to 1 shirt, it was going to be $10!!!

Now, they can easily mail the shirt for $4. And if they want to add $2 for handling, I wouldn't mind $6. But $16 is absolutely ridiculous. The US MAIL supplies the box and picks up the package. RIDICULOUS!

So, as I have been known to do, I ripped off an email to them. I posted the email here, in the thread where we were discussing the "sale." Here's the email I sent.

Officials CHoice,

I saw your moving sale and thought I'd pick up a few items. Then I calculated shipping and figured out your game. What complete and total bull****! $10 to ship one shirt via USPS Priority Mail!?! $16 to ship 3 shirts!?!

You must have found a lot of stupid people out there to make this work successfully but not me. I'll never order from you again. Further, I'm posting this on every officiating discussion board I can find on the Internet!

Well, I got a reply yesterday!

Mr. Haire,
In the future when venting your anger, please do so in a professional manner,
using vulgar and inappropriate language is not necessary.
We ask you to conduct your business like an adult.
Furthermore if you want to waste your time and energy posting things on the internet
that are negative in nature, I suggest your re-evalaute your priorities, but that is your choice.
For you to put on an ACT this way over $10.00 is very disturbing and your agenda is in question. But that is life.
Take care sir.

ROTFLMAO!!!

In any case, I'm quite sure that they'll really be impressed with my reply, which I can't post here or mick or bob will ban me. But I did include this.

"I will make it my mission in life to post on every officiating board that I find, how you screw officials over with your outrageous shipping charges."

And so, the mission begins!
Any chance I could get a copy of the reply to their response?
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
I have a pair and they are great! I get compliments all the time about them. Just be warned, their shipping methods need improvement. I ordered a pair 2nd day and got them a week later and was still charged for second day.