The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 04:25am
Official Forum Member

Let's all send emails complaining about the shipping! DO IT.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 07:24am
Official Forum Member

official's choice has poor service? What a shocker.

If they didn't pay IAABO to get a monopoly of IAABO products they wouldn't be in business long.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 08:39am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by oc
official's choice has poor service? What a shocker.

If they didn't pay IAABO to get a monopoly of IAABO products they wouldn't be in business long.
OC,

Your view is a bit ironic.

You'd think that if OC has a fan on OF, it's oc.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING!

I saw your moving sale and thought I'd pick up a few items. Then I calculated shipping and figured out your game. What complete and total bull$hit! $10 to ship one shirt via USPS Priority Mail!?! $16 to ship 3 shirts!?!

You must have found a lot of stupid people out there to make this work successfully but not me. I'll never order from you again. Further, I'm posting this on every officiating discussion board I can find on the Internet!
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

I ordered from this (or a similar) sale last year. I ordered both pants and shirts.

I found the shirts uncomfortable, and one of them ripped at the collar after about the third wearing. The pants are much thinner / cheaper than the other brand (brand "H") that I usually wear. I won't order again.

Further, OC has not responded to several requests to remove my name from their mailing list, including my not responding to a specific email they sent syaing "we're updating our mailing list. Click here to remian on the list or we'll remove you."

Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 04:28pm
M.A.S.H.

A couple months ago I complained about buying a 3-pack of whistles would cost something like $21 ($11 for the whistles and $10 shipping). After I did this about 3 days later their shipping costs went down to $6. So, I'm not quite sure why they are trying this? The better question would be: how many people have fell for it?
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
A couple months ago I complained about buying a 3-pack of whistles would cost something like $21 ($11 for the whistles and $10 shipping). After I did this about 3 days later their shipping costs went down to $6. So, I'm not quite sure why they are trying this? The better question would be: how many people have fell for it?
I was going to order some things from their shop and online shipping would be $10.00. I called in my order and they have it to me for $6.00.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 05:11pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by brandan89
Quote:
I was going to order some things from their shop and online shipping would be $10.00. I called in my order and they have it to me for $6.00.
Well with that, it sounds like their plan is to hope people just click on the WWW instead of calling.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 09:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well with that, it sounds like their plan is to hope people just click on the WWW instead of calling.
Why do you think they don't have a 1-800 number?? It's not because they're easy to get. I know a few people with them. It's because how many people are going to waste money calling long distance, when you can do it over e-mail for free?? Whenever I deal with them, I always call. And so far it's worked out pretty good. I've heard from other officials who say it's nearly impossible to get a hold of them by e-mail. So I spent the $1.00 on a 10 minute phone call to make sure that they understood what I wanted, and how I wanted it. Don't take the easy way out. Give them a call, you'll be much more satisfied if you do.

Remember, if you know who the e-mail's from you can ignore it, but when it's a phone call, it's in your best interests to take it.
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 11:39pm
Official Forum Member

I've never dealt with this company, but I haven't heard anything good. I'm with BBallRef. $6.00 extra for an XXL is RIDICULOUS! $2 bucks maybe -- and some places and some sport uniforms nothing extra at all. For B'ball I'll just keep getting my Cliff Keen shirts from other sources.
Old Sun Feb 27, 2005, 02:34am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why do you think they don't have a 1-800 number?? It's not because they're easy to get. I know a few people with them. It's because how many people are going to waste money calling long distance, when you can do it over e-mail for free?? Whenever I deal with them, I always call. And so far it's worked out pretty good. I've heard from other officials who say it's nearly impossible to get a hold of them by e-mail. So I spent the $1.00 on a 10 minute phone call to make sure that they understood what I wanted, and how I wanted it. Don't take the easy way out. Give them a call, you'll be much more satisfied if you do.

Remember, if you know who the e-mail's from you can ignore it, but when it's a phone call, it's in your best interests to take it.
That's not my point. My point is: it looks like they want people to order from their website and pay the high shipping costs. That's what I was trying to get at.
Old Sun Feb 27, 2005, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Does anyoneknow if their shoes run true to size? I know that their pants are tight for their sizes and don't have tapered legs.
Old Sun Feb 27, 2005, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ReadyToRef
Does anyoneknow if their shoes run true to size? I know that their pants are tight for their sizes and don't have tapered legs.
Their pants run tight??? CRAP!!!!

I dunno about the shoes. I know the old Converse patents ran true to size, but I don't know about these new ones.

Old Sun Feb 27, 2005, 07:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Does anyoneknow if their shoes run true to size?
Don't know but I can tell you that the price goes up $5 for every size you go up.
Old Sun Feb 27, 2005, 08:08pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Does anyoneknow if their shoes run true to size?
Don't know but I can tell you that the price goes up $5 for every size you go up.
I think I'm going towards buying the Reebox's now.