The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
In Washington State we have been approved to wear the New Gray shirts for next year........

I hear there are a couple of manufacturers of these shirt and would like to know your opinion on them.

The only one I have seen is the OfficialsChoice model, but I hear the CLiff Keen is the same shirt......
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Pilo
In Washington State we have been approved to wear the New Gray shirts for next year........

I hear there are a couple of manufacturers of these shirt and would like to know your opinion on them.

The only one I have seen is the OfficialsChoice model, but I hear the CLiff Keen is the same shirt......
Ron,

We were just told at our last meeting to not purchase anything yet as the State Assoc. will be getting back to us on the approved supplier. I understand this is in hopes they can keep the gray shirts all the same color gray.

David
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

I own the Officials Choice gray shirt, it's made from
a nice soft material, I like it. Color's nice too.
OC also makes a striped shirt of the same material, I own
a couple of those too.

I haven't seen the CK shirt.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 04:18pm
If you need me, text me!

Honigs

I have the Honig's version of the gray and it is a slightly different shade from the OC shirt. It is only noticeable when the 2 (or 3) officials stand right next to each other.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 08:58pm
M.A.S.H.

Re: Honigs

Quote:
Originally posted by ocreferee
I have the Honig's version of the gray and it is a slightly different shade from the OC shirt. It is only noticeable when the 2 (or 3) officials stand right next to each other.
I think they have their Gray shirts on sell right now.
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

Ahh you guys are finally starting to see the problem with the greys. That's why we've gone back to the stripes. If you have a normal partner, make sure both of you order from the same place.

Now as this is only a reccomendation as I own a few of the new micro mesh striped shirts from the Officials Choice, and I really like the shirts, nice and lightweight, feel just like the old Poly-cool greys I used to wear. That and when standing beside someone in a poly shirt, you can't tell the difference unless you are standing right beside them.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by davidw
Quote:

Ron,

We were just told at our last meeting to not purchase anything yet as the State Assoc. will be getting back to us on the approved supplier. I understand this is in hopes they can keep the gray shirts all the same color gray.

David
Good point. I have seen more than one brand and they don't come in exactly the same gray color. It looks cheesy if you and your partner(s) don't match. Personally, I think the gray looks cheesy, regardless.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 03:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
If you have a normal partner, ...
Now stop right there!!
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 07:38am
Huck Finn

The JUCO conference I'm in uses the gray shirt as well as one of the IAABO boards I belong to. I have a shirt from OC for high school and college as well as one from Cliff Klein for college. The CK was only worn once when my partner forgot his shirt. They are a little different but I don't know how pronounced it would be since I don't wear the CK. I would wear the CK all the time if I had my choice just due to the terrible service from OC. OC's shirts are also a size too big for me. I think one of the main differences is the material. The CK shirt isn't as shiny/soft and the holes are bigger.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
If you have a normal partner, ...
Now stop right there!!
She could have said "regular" partner, and I know you don't want to go there
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 05:04pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:

Hey Ron - how the heck are you??

Is this a "Have-to" thing (as in all State tournament officials WILL wear them) or is it up to local associations to adopt the gray shirt for themselves?
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 05:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
rocky,
I am well thanks. Heading to Spokane next week for the "B" tourney.....should be fun.....only know a couple of folks on our crew......Interesting observation system too. Observed one game each of the first two days.... the top 6 work the semi's and the top 3 of those 6 work the final.

The grey shirt thing will be handled the same as the transition from the byron collar to the v-neck......Local association can adopt but both or all must have the grey in order for the crew to wear them.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Give me the old black and white (not mesh either). I don't mind the new "V" neck but "stripes is right with me" (a country song title if I ever heard one).
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

I'm with you ChiliBob. Give me the stripes any day. I think the gray looks kind of goofy -- I mean who has ever seen a gray zebra? I'd rather be called a zebra than a jack a** any day!
Old Thu Feb 24, 2005, 01:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
I'm with you ChiliBob. Give me the stripes any day. I think the gray looks kind of goofy -- I mean who has ever seen a gray zebra? I'd rather be called a zebra than a jack a** any day!
Good point. I like the stripes a lot better.