The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

Talking

My first playoff experience...well let's just say I was baptized in fire. Great crowd, two fairly good teams, AAAA girls, and the game goes Double OT. The great part of the game was that other than the normal chirping by the coaches, nothing controversial happened. I worked with two great partners, both with a lot of playoff experience, and of course that helped too. I just wish the varsity season wasn't over , because I thought I was hooked before, but now that I had a full varsity schedule this year, it's a no brainer!
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it DOESN'T get any better than that. From here on out, you will be relegated to 30-point blowouts, watching a partner T a coach AND throw out their scorekeeper, and have AD's refuse to deal with unruly fans because they happened to agree with what the fans were saying. Sigh. All of the previous has either happened to me, or I have seen it happen in post-season play. And it's supposed to be the best time of year, right?

Ok, I got up on the wrong side of the bed. I have also had your experience as well. It's a great high to end the season, and a great memory to carry into the summer.

Almost as good as sex.
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 11:45am
M.A.S.H.

Question

tmp44,

Congrats on your playoff game! Not trying to hi-jack your thread here. But I believe you were the one who reported on the Official's trial in PA. Are there any updates to what's going on now? Thanks.
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

TJ

No updates as of yet; at least that I know of. Sentencing officially takes place later this month I believe..will let you know.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 01:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it DOESN'T get any better than that. From here on out, you will be relegated to 30-point blowouts, watching a partner T a coach AND throw out their scorekeeper, and have AD's refuse to deal with unruly fans because they happened to agree with what the fans were saying. Sigh. All of the previous has either happened to me, or I have seen it happen in post-season play. And it's supposed to be the best time of year, right?
Wow, what a puss!!!

I had a buzzer beater tonight. Conference tourney, #4 vs. #5 (aren't those always the best games?) Winner goes to the Sectionals, loser goes home. Rebound put back for a game winner as the horn sounds!
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

It wasn't playoffs, but it was the most exciting thing that I have ever seen in a regular season game.
First place in the league was on the line last Friday with the score tied at 45 and only four seconds on the clock. The team with the ball had to inbound on the opponent's endline and go the length of the court to score. They threw it in to a kid about the FT extended in the backcourt, he took a couple of dribbles, pulled up from about 50 feet, he was still behind the jump circle in the backcourt, and launched a one-hander. Yep, off the board and in!

Regular season championship to his team.

AAR was the man who got to count it!
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Did you have Manheim Township vs Cedar Crest?
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 05:36pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up There he be.

PA Coach,
...And some folks... were wonderin', "Now, why don't he write?"

Glad yer well.
mick
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 05:40pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
I had a buzzer beater tonight. Conference tourney, #4 vs. #5 (aren't those always the best games?) Winner goes to the Sectionals, loser goes home. Rebound put back for a game winner as the horn sounds!
Those are very good games. I also like games between #5 and #12.

It's almost TOURNAMENT TIME.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 06:00pm
Official Forum Member

TMP44, I am going to assume that you had the Mt. Lebanon game. That sure was a heck of a game. I was kinda surprised because I didn't think the game was going to be that close. But as you said it came down to the wire.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 06:05pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toadman15241
TMP44, I am going to assume that you had the Mt. Lebanon game. That sure was a heck of a game. I was kinda surprised because I didn't think the game was going to be that close. But as you said it came down to the wire.
Welcome to the forum Toadman15241!
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Right on the Money

Toadman,

Yep...Mt. Lebanon/Greensburg-Salem. I was very surpised at how close it was as well. I had had Mt. Lebo earlier in the year and they had really impressed me. But I'll give Salem credit, they really played well and when they needed a bucket, they always got it!

BTW, out of what chapter do you work?
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Right on the Money

Quote:
Originally posted by tmp44
BTW, out of what chapter do you work?
Goodness, Gracious Sakes! "Out of what chapter...?" Tmp44, are you the re-incarnation of I. M. Shirley Wright? Lovely to have you on board!
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 07:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to PA Official
Not to jump into your conversation, but since its there...I'm from the Tri-County Chapter in District 10 (Franklin).
Old Wed Feb 16, 2005, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Re: There he be.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
PA Coach,
...And some folks... were wonderin', "Now, why don't he write?"

Glad yer well.
mick
I am. I'll post an update in a separate thread if anyone is interested.