The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I gave them the game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18553-i-gave-them-game.html)

Back In The Saddle Wed Feb 16, 2005 01:14pm

GJV game last night between two pretty evenly matched teams. Not a difficult game to call at all, and I had a lot of fun doing it. I worked with my first female partner. In our pre-game she told me she'd just found out that day that she was pregnant, but assured me that she wouldn't be running off the court to throw up :) The game started off interestingly as two opponents tied up the jump. They were a little surprised to then find themselves in the jump circle, and one of them nearly grabbed the tap, but couldn't get ahold of it.

Only down side to the whole game came in the last minute. H down by 7, trying to foul -- not able to do it. The coach is yelling about how I need to "help them out." :rolleyes: Game ends, H still down by 7. As we run off I hear the coach yelling at me "You gave them the game. I hope you realize that you gave them the game." So I guess I should change my handle here to game-giver :D

rainmaker Wed Feb 16, 2005 01:21pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
As we run off I hear the coach yelling at me "You gave them the game. I hope you realize that you gave them the game." So I guess I should change my handle here to game-giver :D
I really did give away the game last night. Boys freshmen. Great game, and fun to work. Not many fouls, just lots of running. Last 30 seconds, score tied H1 steals the ball, fumbles a little and heads to his end for a lay-up. V1 sees the sitch, beats the ball, sets up and takes a sort-of-charge. Ball didn't fall, I no-called. H rebounded, and made a shot. V didn't score again, H won. I should have called the charge. I don't know why I didn't. So, Ray, you'll have to be the wannabe-game-give, since you really aren't as good at it as I am!

Back In The Saddle Wed Feb 16, 2005 01:29pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

As we run off I hear the coach yelling at me "You gave them the game. I hope you realize that you gave them the game." So I guess I should change my handle here to game-giver :D
I really did give away the game last night. Boys freshmen. Great game, and fun to work. Not many fouls, just lots of running. Last 30 seconds, score tied H1 steals the ball, fumbles a little and heads to his end for a lay-up. V1 sees the sitch, beats the ball, sets up and takes a sort-of-charge. Ball didn't fall, I no-called. H rebounded, and made a shot. V didn't score again, H won. I should have called the charge. I don't know why I didn't. So, Ray, you'll have to be the wannabe-game-give, since you really aren't as good at it as I am!

I defer to your superior ability in this area :D

Wannabe-game-giver

rainmaker Wed Feb 16, 2005 01:38pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wannabe-game-giver

It's nice to have somebody finally recognize my true worth!

Back In The Saddle Wed Feb 16, 2005 01:45pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wannabe-game-giver

It's nice to have somebody finally recognize my true worth!

I've always believed that you had to be good for something. :p BTW, the lady I worked with came here from Corvallis (sp?). She's very good. I'm guessing from the flag on her sleeve that she does some college ball.

Mark Dexter Wed Feb 16, 2005 06:19pm

Hey - I apparently suited up for a game last night.

After forfeiting, a supposed 'five-year official' claimed that his game was "the worst six-on-five job I've ever seen."

Boy - if he saw how I shot the ball, he'd realize that having me on a team is a disadvantage. :p

Back In The Saddle Wed Feb 16, 2005 06:48pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Hey - I apparently suited up for a game last night.

After forfeiting, a supposed 'five-year official' claimed that his game was "the worst six-on-five job I've ever seen."

Boy - if he saw how I shot the ball, he'd realize that having me on a team is a disadvantage. :p

As a former wrestler, I highly recommend a five-on-two for that bozo! :D