The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   A job well done... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18509-job-well-done.html)

brandan89 Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:32am

The other night at our banquet, the assignor and his wife both came up to me and told me they have heard so many wonderful things about me, that they were sorry they did'nt get to come see me work. I take that as a compliment. :) I have 1 season under my belt. ;-) Thanks to all you on here who helped me improve in my game.

[Edited by brandan89 on Feb 15th, 2005 at 11:34 AM]

tjones1 Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:41am

NICE!!! Well done! You've earned it. Here's the thing. It only gets better. Whenever you move up, get a partner (or 2 depending on your area). It's a lot of fun traveling with your partners to games and what not! Always a good time! :) Congrats on your 1st season! I myself only have 3 games left. One tonight, one Thursday, and Friday is it.

brandan89 Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:47am

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
NICE!!! Well done! You've earned it. Here's the thing. It only gets better. Whenever you move up, get a partner (or 2 depending on your area). It's a lot of fun traveling with your partners to games and what not! Always a good time! :) Congrats on your 1st season! I myself only have 3 games left. One tonight, one Thursday, and Friday is it.
Who else in their first season has broke their wrist? ;-)

Smitty Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:48am

Don't let it go to your head. You still have much to learn. More will be expected of you every year.

tjones1 Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:51am

Quote:

Originally posted by Smitty
Don't let it go to your head. You still have much to learn. More will be expected of you every year.
Good point Smitty!

brandan89 Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:51am

Quote:

I know...

LarryS Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:56am

Quote:

But also enjoy the good feeling that comes from someone paying you a compliment for a day or two if you don't have a game.

Then try to go watch some officials work the playoffs and start prepaing yourself for summer leagues and next season.

Apparently you know what you need to do to get better...just keep working hard.

BTW...congratulations!

dblref Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:56am

Quote:

Originally posted by brandan89
Quote:

I did it in my 3rd season - doing a rec game.

ref18 Thu Feb 17, 2005 09:31am

Quote:

Originally posted by brandan89
Quote:

Well I did, sorta, it wasn't broken, just a bad sprain. Although on the plus side, I don't run backwards anymore ;)