The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

Question

OK, not last summer, but the summer before I bought a pair of Converse patent leather shoes, after more than a season and a half they've lost a lot of their support, and some of their shine.

I'm thinking of ordering a pair of the new OC patent shoe. Now besides the service which everyone seems to be complaining about, how's the shoe?? Is it worth the $60 bucks, is it more comfortable then the Converse?? Which do you think is better?

I usually like to get a new pair of shoes every season, but this year with them being on backorder I figured I'd be better off wearing the old shoes, then placing daily calls to the officials choice trying to track down my new ones.

Thanks

[Edited by ref18 on Feb 9th, 2005 at 07:34 PM]
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 07:36pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
OK, not last summer, but the summer before I bought a pair of Converse patent leather shoes, after more than a season and a half they've lost a lot of their support, and some of their shine.

I'm thinking of ordering a pair of the new OC patent shoe. Now besides the service which everyone seems to be complaining about, how's the shoe?? Is it worth the $60 bucks, is it more comfortable then the Converse?? Which do you think is better?

I usually like to get a new pair of shoes every season, but this year with them being on backorder I figured I'd be better off wearing the old shoes, then placing daily calls to the officials choice trying to track down my new ones.

Thanks

[Edited by ref18 on Feb 9th, 2005 at 07:34 PM]
I like mine a lot. But my partner sent his back -- they just didn't fit right.
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 09:06pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

I still have my Converse Patent Leather shoes and alternate them with my OC's from game-to-game. This way the shoes get a chance to completely air dry out.

In comparison....the Converses look nicer and are ok if you happen to work a hi-tech floor. Otherwise, I really like my OCs best! All around....great fit, comfortable, better padded in the heel, good arch and achilles support for those "old-time" classic hardcourts. I really like 'em! Also, they clean up easier than my Converses because the "Cons" have lots of nooks & crannies that pick up dust in.

I will concide that I'm a bit bias about the OC's in that the owner of OfficialsChoice asked me to wear-test their prototype (beta-model) to evaluate and give feedback before they went to manufacture. All the guys I work with have 'em and with the exception of one....they like them. The one who had a fit problem removed the footliner and replaced them with his own orthotics and they are now very comfortable for him. We did not have problems with delays or backorders in that we were on the front end of the initial orders after production.

Now with commercial completed....the most important thing about shoes is get the ones that "FIT" you best! Brand & price aren't important when you are suffering foot and other muscular/skeletal pain because the shoes you are wearing don't fit, protect or support your feet properly!

Good luck!

wl
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

That was another question I was gonna ask, I wear orthotics so I guess the insoles come out, right??
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
That was another question I was gonna ask, I wear orthotics so I guess the insoles come out, right??
Yeah....BABY!

wl
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Good article about shoes: http://www.physsportsmed.com/cover.htm

Of special note might be "What Every Runner Should Know About Shoes" a bit more than halfway down the page.
Old Thu Feb 10, 2005, 05:02pm
Official Forum Member

I was thinking about picking up Reebok's Patent Leather shoe, mainly because of my customer service problems with OC, that and the shipping is quite expensive.