The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shoes in your gear bag (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18341-shoes-your-gear-bag.html)

tjones1 Wed Feb 09, 2005 06:41pm

Anyone use shoe forms(I think that's what they are called) to keep your shoes from getting smashed while they are in your bag? If you do, where'd you get them. I'm trying to online shop for some and not having very good luck.

rainmaker Wed Feb 09, 2005 06:44pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Anyone use shoe forms(I think that's what they are called) to keep your shoes from getting smashed while they are in your bag? If you do, where'd you get them. I'm trying to online shop for some and not having very good luck.
I saw some very nice ones at the Value Village yesterday (purple tag day, when everything with a purple tag costs a dollar, regardless of original price). I doubt they're available on-line, though.

tjones1 Wed Feb 09, 2005 06:46pm

I tried Wally World today...no luck.

brandan89 Wed Feb 09, 2005 06:53pm

My shoes came with them.

ref18 Wed Feb 09, 2005 07:02pm

Don't use them :cool:

brandan89 Wed Feb 09, 2005 07:21pm

When all else fails try EBAY. :) They have them at ebay.

zebraman Wed Feb 09, 2005 07:34pm

Quote:

My shoes don't get smashed in my bag because I pack my barbells, cement blocks and bowling ball separately. :p

Z

imaref Wed Feb 09, 2005 09:15pm

Quote:

tj....

most walgreens, osco drugs, k-mart, wal-mart, target, retail shoe stores carry metal, plastic or wooden models in all price ranges. i've always called them "shoe trees"....don't know why, but when i mention them....people seem to know what i'm refering to...:confused:

wl

[Edited by imaref on Feb 9th, 2005 at 09:22 PM]

ref18 Wed Feb 09, 2005 09:19pm

Quote:

Originally posted by imaref
Quote:

tj....

most walgreens, osco drugs, k-mart, wal-mart, target, retail shoe stores carry metal, plastic or wooden models in all price ranges. i've always called them "shoe trees"....don't know why, but when i mention tham....people seem to know what i'm refering to...:confused:

wl

Ahh, shoe trees, I was wondering what the heck this guy was talking about :D

BktBallRef Wed Feb 09, 2005 09:28pm

Quote:

I tried Wally World today...no luck.
Then you either didn't look in the right place or that Wal-Mart was out of business :)

SpeedyGonGoalie Wed Feb 09, 2005 09:46pm

You might try asking a Finish Line for some of their shoe forms. I doubt they would say yes, you would need a really nice manager, but the worst they can say is no.

tjones1 Thu Feb 10, 2005 08:45am

Quote:

Originally posted by imaref
Quote:

tj....

most walgreens, osco drugs, k-mart, wal-mart, target, retail shoe stores carry metal, plastic or wooden models in all price ranges. i've always called them "shoe trees"....don't know why, but when i mention them....people seem to know what i'm refering to...:confused:

wl

[Edited by imaref on Feb 9th, 2005 at 09:22 PM]

iamref,
You nailed it. That's what they are called! Thanks.

ChrisSportsFan Thu Feb 10, 2005 08:50am

If you get cedar shoe trees, they will help draw the moisture from your shoes. I've seen them in Marshall's and TJ Maxx before. I'm guessing those are national chains.

jdpeo Thu Feb 10, 2005 08:52am

wooden cedar shoe trees at Wal-Mart a little over $5.00 - wooden ones are best because they absorb moisture!!!

pac my bowling ball seperate - that's a good one!!!

golfdesigner Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:28am

Shoe Trees

I have been using wooden cedar shoe trees in both pairs of shoes for a couple of years. They work great, especially when you have multiple games within a couple of days, I alternate between 2-pairs of shoes, and when you put them on they're not cold and damp. Keeps them from getting smashed in the bag as well.