The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to VaLadyRef
I am considering attending the The George Toliver Basketball Officiating School in Harrisonburg, Virginia this summer. Can anyone provide feedback on this camp?

Thanks!
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

I have never attended George Toliver's camp, but I know some people who have gone and they seemed to like it. The one thing with his camp is they teach NBA mechanics & rotations.

[Edited by brianp134 on Feb 8th, 2005 at 02:01 PM]
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Where is information on this camp?
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to VaLadyRef
http://www.toliverbasketball.com
Old Wed Feb 09, 2005, 06:30am
Official Forum Member

I attended this camp about 4-5 years ago and thought it was excellent. All games were 3-person and we had a game in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one each evening. All teams were VB. There was also a lot of class room teaching and the games were set up where if you weren't officiating, you were filming someone or you were in the classroom working on mechanics or reviewing films. All instructors were NBA officials and they play a lot of mind games with you -- to get you to think. Tolliver tells you up front that he teaches NBA stuff to you, but it is easy to adapt whatever you need. Several of the officials were attending for their 4th year. When I attended, you could only attend for 4 years.

We stayed at the Day's Inn on Republic road. We had breakfast & lunch at the motel and supper was in a local resturant. There were assignors from 4 or 5 conferences and you could ask them to come watch you work a particular game. I wasn't interested in moving up (too old), but it was interesting talking to them. Overall, I thought it was a very good camp -- at least for me.