The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 03, 2005, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

A1 in front court dribbling near the division line. B1 bats the ball back toward BC. A2 jumps from front court, catches the ball in the air and lands in BC. Tweet.

A's coach starts yelling, "You saw the deflection, right?" "You saw the deflection, right?" :sigh: Next break I go over and tell him that his guy jumped from front court, caught the ball and carried it into back court. That's a violation. Coach starts going off about how B1's deflection made it their team's possession.

Later in the game, both teams are batting it back and forth at the division line. B1 catches the ball in the air and lands over the division line in his own front court. Coach starts yelling about back court.

[Edited by Back In The Saddle on Feb 3rd, 2005 at 09:02 PM]
Old Thu Feb 03, 2005, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
A1 in front court dribbling near the division line. B1 bats the ball back toward BC. A2 jumps from front court, catches the ball in the air and lands in BC. Tweet.

A's coach starts yelling, "You saw the deflection, right?" "You saw the deflection, right?" :sigh: Next break I go over and tell him that his guy jumped from front court, caught the ball and carried it into back court. That's a violation. Coach starts going off about how B1's deflection made it their team's possession.

Later in the game, both teams are batting it back and forth at the division line. B1 catches the ball in the air and lands over the division line in his own front court. Coach starts yelling about back court.

[Edited by Back In The Saddle on Feb 3rd, 2005 at 09:02 PM]
There's just no useful sentence to explain it to this guy. He's gonna have to just lump it.
Old Thu Feb 03, 2005, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry coach until NFHS adopts the NBA rule (loose ball) your stuck with this kind of call. Its the rule. You never lost team control!
Old Thu Feb 03, 2005, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Just watched a BC situation tonight in a boys varsity.

A1 dribbling near division line. B1 tips ball upward and toward A1. Ball hits top of A1's head and goes into BC. A1 goes into BC and gets it. -Tweet- Official calls BC.

Most fans from A and assistants on A's bench are yelling and signalling the tip by B1. Official calmly spends about 10 seconds saying something to Coach A (I'm assuming the "last to touch, first to touch" stuff), who is standing near him. Coach A just nods and pats the official's back, as if to indicate that he knows it was the right call.

Nice to see a coach acknowledge a good call once in awhile
Old Fri Feb 04, 2005, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nu1
Just watched a BC situation tonight in a boys varsity.

A1 dribbling near division line. B1 tips ball upward and toward A1. Ball hits top of A1's head and goes into BC. A1 goes into BC and gets it. -Tweet- Official calls BC.

Most fans from A and assistants on A's bench are yelling and signalling the tip by B1. Official calmly spends about 10 seconds saying something to Coach A (I'm assuming the "last to touch, first to touch" stuff), who is standing near him. Coach A just nods and pats the official's back, as if to indicate that he knows it was the right call.

Nice to see a coach acknowledge a good call once in awhile
and the nod + pat on back let the fans know that all's well. sure makes me want to answer more questions for that nice man.
Old Fri Feb 04, 2005, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Talking

And, as the referee turns and walks away, the coach sticks his tongue out, his thumbs in his ears, and waves his hands back and forth at the referee.

I mean, I've never done that, but I've heard of people doing it!

- Catherine Aird