The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I Td him before I knew it. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/18075-i-td-him-before-i-knew.html)

RecRef Mon Jan 31, 2005 04:26pm

Following the lines of BktBallRef’s post sometimes one is too quick on the draw. Or run, don’t walk away from a situation.

GJV this past Friday night - Game is a wreck from the start. Coaches and players carping the whole night. Partner had given a warning during first half to visiting coach about his comments. I had to warn the home book about his comments. I Td the visitor’s point guard for mouthing off during the resulting free throw after partner call a foul on her near the end of the half.

Thee minutes left in the game and I call an OOB on B1 (visitor) right in front of home bench. She swiped the ball away from A1. Home coach wants a foul and lets me and God know that it was a bad call and that I don’t know what I am doing. Whack a T! I turn to get away and I hear him say, “That is all you are good for is giving technicals." With out thinking, Whack Number 2. Sometimes you have to get away fast...

Bottom line –
The Bad - A three page report on the game Ts and a Sunday call from the assignor.

The Good – I’m doing at least 2 districts and maybe a regional. “Clock” that is, but what the heck the money is good and I’ll not have a thousand or more yelling at me (I hope not anyway) :)

Besides, I’m not ready to ref them anyway :D

[Edited by recref on Jan 31st, 2005 at 08:02 PM]

blindzebra Mon Jan 31, 2005 04:29pm

What's to think about?

That is a personal and direct attack.

tjones1 Mon Jan 31, 2005 04:32pm

Yep, no one needs to take a personal attack. Good job

SF Mon Jan 31, 2005 09:02pm

I'd have T'd him up just as fast as you did.

dblref Tue Feb 01, 2005 09:26am

Quote:

Originally posted by RecRef
Following the lines of BktBallRef’s post sometimes one is too quick on the draw. Or run, don’t walk away from a situation.

GJV this past Friday night - Game is a wreck from the start. Coaches and players carping the whole night. Partner had given a warning during first half to visiting coach about his comments. I had to warn the home book about his comments. I Td the visitor’s point guard for mouthing off during the resulting free throw after partner call a foul on her near the end of the half.

Thee minutes left in the game and I call an OOB on B1 (visitor) right in front of home bench. She swiped the ball away from A1. Home coach wants a foul and lets me and God know that it was a bad call and that I don’t know what I am doing. Whack a T! I turn to get away and I hear him say, “That is all you are good for is giving technicals." With out thinking, Whack Number 2. Sometimes you have to get away fast...

Bottom line –
The Bad - A three page report on the game Ts and a Sunday call from the assignor.

The Good – I’m doing at least 2 districts and maybe a regional. “Clock” that is, but what the heck the money is good and I’ll not have a thousand or more yelling at me (I hope not anyway) :)

Besides, I’m not ready to ref them anyway :D

[Edited by recref on Jan 31st, 2005 at 08:02 PM]

RecRef: Where were you? I had a lovely VG game last night at Stuart (vs. Falls Church). Foul fest between 2 mediocre teams -- double bonus for home team 2 minutes into 2nd qtr.

RecRef Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:18am

Quote:

Originally posted by dblref
[/i]
RecRef: Where were you? I had a lovely VG game last night at Stuart (vs. Falls Church). Foul fest between 2 mediocre teams -- double bonus for home team 2 minutes into 2nd qtr.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I was at TJ and the other team was Wakefield.

Stuart, I did them a few weeks back. All three levels of girls are poor, poor, poor but they do have heart. Tonight should be fun, I'm doing TCW at Hayfield for JV and the clock for both B&G V games.

dblref Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:25pm

Quote:

Originally posted by RecRef
Quote:

Originally posted by dblref
[/i]

I was at TJ and the other team was Wakefield.

Stuart, I did them a few weeks back. All three levels of girls are poor, poor, poor but they do have heart. Tonight should be fun, I'm doing TCW at Hayfield for JV and the clock for both B&G V games.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have VG tonight at Loudon Valley and Money just called me and asked me to pick up the FG also. Working with Cecil tonight -- 1st time in 12 years that we have worked together. Got VG at Maderia on Thursday and JVG + 2 clocks at Marshall on Friday. Busy week. Good luck @ Hayfield.