The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 02:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Tonight was an interesting night. First, as I was running on a floor I have never called on before, I tripped over the bleachers where it juts out so one more row of seating can be pulled out. I tripped and tore up the knees on my paints. Fortunately I had a spare in the locker room and a I changed into them at halftime. Then my partner who has been using the same whistle for 5 years had it break in his mouth. He had to go for his spare whistle. Why bring extra stuff? You don't know what can go wrong on any given night.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 04:02am
Official Forum Member

I was asked to do a Frosh game at another school before my varsity game tonight, and my partner took his shirt out of his bag and it was torn along the seam from pit to waist.

He did not have another shirt, so he had to borrow my back up. I had to do my varsity game in a slightly wet shirt.

I have at least 2 of everything in my bag except a jacket.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 08:41am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
I was asked to do a Frosh game at another school before my varsity game tonight, and my partner took his shirt out of his bag and it was torn along the seam from pit to waist.

He did not have another shirt, so he had to borrow my back up. I had to do my varsity game in a slightly wet shirt.

I have at least 2 of everything in my bag except a jacket.
Dittos, except no back up pair of shoes yet.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Had to loan my partner a pair of black socks last night. :shrug:
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
Tonight was an interesting night. First, as I was running on a floor I have never called on before, I tripped over the bleachers where it juts out so one more row of seating can be pulled out. I tripped and tore up the knees on my paints. Fortunately I had a spare in the locker room and a I changed into them at halftime. Then my partner who has been using the same whistle for 5 years had it break in his mouth. He had to go for his spare whistle. Why bring extra stuff? You don't know what can go wrong on any given night.
Did boys sophmore last night. When my game was over one of the varsity officials had to borrow my pants, shirt, shoes and jacket. Fortunately we were the same size and I was happy ot oblige it seems his daughter forgot to put a few items in his bag. LOL. I ALWAYS pack my own bag. We had a few laughs about this in the locker room.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 12:30pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
In a situation like that, I tend to favor the "barter" system myself, usually involving copious amounts of a cold, golden frothy liquid.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I've never loaned a pair of socks so much as given them away. I doubt I'd want them back.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 01:04pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
I tripped and tore up the knees on my paints. Fortunately I had a spare in the locker room
I always carry spare paints, in case the division line isn't drawn completely across the court.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Had two officials working a game a few years ago, one 6'2 and slender, the other 5'8 and stocky. The taller of the two made the mistake of stopping off at the Shoney's Italian buffet before the game.
Needless to say, as time expired in the first half of the first game, nature called and the official had to scramble to the locker room...he didn't quite make it.

He did not have extra pants, but his partner did......He had to work the rest of the day with pants that were too big and 6 inches short.............

Since this day, I have carried extra pants with me.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 04:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
I tripped and tore up the knees on my paints. Fortunately I had a spare in the locker room
I always carry spare paints, in case the division line isn't drawn completely across the court.
I saw this coming a mile away.
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 08:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lrpalmer3
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
I saw this coming a mile away.
Yeah, I'm surprised it took him that long to respond. Guess he really is slowing down. Bummer.
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Who in the world pigs out at an Italian Buffet before a game? I feel sick just thinking about it. I eat a Cliff Bar on the way to the gym. They'll get you through one or two games with no problems -- especially like those mentioned in this post.