The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Off topic, for fun (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/17900-off-topic-fun.html)

rainmaker Tue Jan 25, 2005 09:31am

Quote:

Originally posted by ref18
Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
91 years and some months. If I don't get hit by a truck.
I thought accidental death was factored into this. Or at least I expected it to be considering all the questions we had to answer concerning our involvement with firearms. :p

I just don't see how you could factor in getting hit by a truck.

I do think it's interesting that "Holding on too long" was factored in. Who defines "too long"?

Mark Dexter Tue Jan 25, 2005 09:37am

79 years.

Of course, most of you have a head start on me. :p

rainmaker Tue Jan 25, 2005 09:42am

Quote:

I just don't see how you could factor in getting hit by a truck.

I do think it's interesting that "Holding on too long" was factored in. Who defines "too long"?

Looking back at this test, I think at least some of the questions are aimed toward that end advertising which amounts to an offer to run a personal ad for you. I mean, what difference in life span does it make if most people like you a lot or they don't? Or for that matter, if you hold in your farts? Or if you wear the same pair of pants for two weeks?

BktBallRef Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:44am

Quote:

Looking back at this test, I think at least some of the questions are aimed toward that end advertising which amounts to an offer to run a personal ad for you. I mean, what difference in life span does it make if most people like you a lot or they don't? Or for that matter, if you hold in your farts? Or if you wear the same pair of pants for two weeks?
It's an indication of how you react to things, how you live your life, whether you stress out easily.

If people like you, you usually have higher self esteem and there probably isn't quite as much stress from relationships.

If you hold in your farts, you're probably concerned about what people think of you.

To the opposite of that, if you wear the same pair of pants for two weeks, you could probably give a $hit.

I should have been a pyschologist. :)

BktBallRef Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:48am

Quote:

Originally posted by dblref
I'm good until May 2029 and then I die from cancer. Good thing I quit smoking in 1972. I'll be 86 when I die. I figure my wife will live to be a 110 so she can spend all of my insurance $$$ and investments. Think I might go buy that motorcycle I want and screw up her plans.:D

Then you'll only live until 2006! :D

rainmaker Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:12am

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:

It's an indication of how you react to things, how you live your life, whether you stress out easily.

If people like you, you usually have higher self esteem and there probably isn't quite as much stress from relationships.

If you hold in your farts, you're probably concerned about what people think of you.

To the opposite of that, if you wear the same pair of pants for two weeks, you could probably give a $hit.

I should have been a pyschologist. :)

My uncle is an actuary, and I've spent my life listening to the various things that play affect life span. I've NEVER heard of holding in farts as an issue!

Dan_ref Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:14am

Quote:

I've NEVER heard of holding in farts as an issue!
Cute.

rainmaker Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:56am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

Cute.

Yea, but I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Oh, wait, Im the being offended expert here, aren't I?

Okay, as long as we're talking about offensive things, here's a 5th grade joke

What's invisible and smells like carrots?

Rabbit farts!

zebraman Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:07pm

82 years old of a heart attack. Hopefully on a golf course after a hole-in-one.

Z

rainmaker Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BushRef
Quote:

Yea, but I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Oh, wait, Im the being offended expert here, aren't I?

Yes you are.

Well, you got me there, Bush! :p

Dan_ref Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:24pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cute.

Rabbit farts!

Not offensive, just cute the way you combined the notion of holding in farts with being an issue...issue, get it? Issue??? As in vented, extruded or otherwise released from a sealed vessel or container? HELLOOOO?? This thing on???

rainmaker Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:30pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cute.

Rabbit farts!

Not offensive, just cute the way you combined the notion of holding in farts with being an issue...issue, get it? Issue??? As in vented, extruded or otherwise released from a sealed vessel or container? HELLOOOO?? This thing on???

Oh, Dan, it's great to have you back from San Jose.

Dewey1 Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:36pm

80 years old even for me. It is clear looking at some of your death ages that you clearly don't drink, eat and/or fart enough