The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Just venting here, but my last three games have been ugly. Last Thursday (one of my 2 JH games I took) I almost had to throw a minister out for complaining while he was running the clock. Friday my partner T'd up a home assistant coach with 20 seconds remaining and home down 2. Last night I had B-G Varsity double header. The night was going along just fine until the second half of the boys game. V is down 10 and playing defense with their hands. Home is up, sitting back in a zone. Foul count (meaningless to me because of the style of play) goes to 10-2 at one point. We had two ugly plays that looked like collisions, but they were just players hustling and getting themselves off balance. The last of these plays was in my partner's area. V coach wants a foul and asks me. I say that it's clearly in my partner's area and he would have something if it was there. Coach ran through two stop signs (that's enough coach, let's move on) and I had to take care of him. With about 30 seconds left my partner had a clear intentional but did the mechanic at his waist so no one, including me, knew he was going intentional right away. Postgame the V coaches are outstide our dressing room complaining about B*&^%it officials. Nice to get some constructive criticism. I'm watching the tape tonight and hoping my luck gets better.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Cool Love is in the air

It's that time of year. The season is winding down and teams are jockeying for playoff positions. Everything becomes more "serious" and the participants more tempermental.

Had game last night that was going very well. Late in the 3rd quarter I missed a foul call that should have been made. An inept dribbler (big center) is bent over watching the bouncing ball and trying to dribble. Puts her non-dribbling hand up to keep the defender away. Catches the defender under the chin with her forearm. Ball immediately skips away out of bounds off the dribbler. The forearm thing caught me by surprise and I failed to whistle. The defender got the ball OOB. Coach immediately calls a time and says to me "You've got to get consistent on both ends of the court. You're doing a great job for them." I suffered through his comments. Foul count was about 12 to 4 in his favor. He was about to get the ball for throw-in. But he was losing by 10 points. ... So it was surely my lack of consistency that was causing his situation (sarcasm).

It's the season. Bear down and persevere.

[Edited by DownTownTonyBrown on Jan 27th, 2005 at 10:05 AM]
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 12:25pm
M.A.S.H.

Re: Love is in the air

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
It's the season. Bear down and persevere.
DTTB,

For Junker in this situation, shouldn't that be "Beer down and persevere."?

[Edited by tjones1 on Jan 26th, 2005 at 12:28 PM]
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll have to wait until after Friday night's game though. I have to say that's the best advice I've gotten on the forum
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 07:35pm
Official Forum Member

Oh, I thought this thread's title meant you looked in the mirror. :P
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 12:35am
Keeper of the HAMMER

I thought he was talking about one of his recent partners.