The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 03:47am
Official Forum Member

b/jv...begin game by checking book and counting players, a is good, b is good but has one player not dressed becaused he brought wrong uniform...he's setting the bench. at half time coach b informs us that one of his players is getting sick and wants to replace him with the kid by giving him the players shorts and by using the "blood jersey". knows he'll take a tech to start the second half...what do you do? I should also state that the coach didn't list this kid in the book at the beginning of the game. the "r' called me over for my opinion and i stated that i'd let the kid play if he was willing to take the t...that is what we did...but on further reflection i believe that because he had not listed him prior to the onset of the game he should have sat. my heart wants the kids to play but rules are there for a good reason...a few things that i have been mulling over,listed not listed...jersey number,could he have used the other kids number or does ot have to be a different number...can you use the blood jersey for anything but as a replacement for a soiled jersey?
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 04:07am
Official Forum Member

Clover,
You will have to clarify what you mean by "Blood jersey." 1. No player may participate while wearing a shirt that has an excessive amount of blood on it.
2. Just because the kid started the game in street clothes and not listed on the team roster in the scorebook, doesn't mean he can't play.
He must change clothes to a proper uniform. (Same number as a teammate who has already played is not allowed.) He must then be added to the book and that is a team T.
The kid may then participate.
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 04:46am
Official Forum Member

blood jersey is the term used by the coach to idenify a spare jersey used incase of a jersey that has blood on it...we used it because it would have been a number that hadn't been in use.
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 04:48am
Official Forum Member

direct /indirect t

to the coach ?
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 04:58am
Official Forum Member

Ok, I've never heard that term before, and I've officiated HS ball for 10 years.
Since you used a spare jersey (shorts don't matter as long as they are safe) the kid can suit up and play.
The technical foul is what is known as "Administrative". You will find on the chart on page 73 that this is charged only to the team. It counts toward the bonus, but that is all. Not a foul on the player, not charged to the head coach in any way.
Lastly, charge it when you enter this kid into the book.
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 05:06am
Official Forum Member

thank you

nevadaref...what part of the state do you officate? i have relatives from starks
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 05:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cloverdale
nevadaref...what part of the state do you officate? i have relatives from starks
If you mean Sparks, then yes, I'm in Reno.