The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Got Belted? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/17858-got-belted.html)

imaref Sun Jan 23, 2005 01:07pm

Anyone using the new "Ultimate Belt" to keep your officials shirt neatly tucked in? How does it compare with the "Flex Belt" if you've used both?

wl

BktBallRef Sun Jan 23, 2005 01:12pm

My understanding is that it keeps the shirt in but does not keep the slacks up.

tjones1 Sun Jan 23, 2005 02:00pm

I am using it and I like it. I tuck my McDavid hDc shirt and striped shirt in my compression shorts and then I put the ultimate belt around it. Works well.

ref18 Sun Jan 23, 2005 03:11pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
I am using it and I like it. I tuck my McDavid hDc shirt and striped shirt in my compression shorts and then I put the ultimate belt around it. Works well.
Isn't that sorta like wearing a belt with suspenders?? :p

tjones1 Sun Jan 23, 2005 04:39pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ref18
Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Isn't that sorta like wearing a belt with suspenders?? :p

Ha Ha, I guess so.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Jan 23, 2005 08:36pm

Quote:

Originally posted by imaref
Anyone using the new "Ultimate Belt" to keep your officials shirt neatly tucked in? How does it compare with the "Flex Belt" if you've used both?

wl

I have used both and my vote is for the "Ultimate Belt" for basketball officiating because it holds up beltless pants better than the "Flex Belt." That means that I have relegated my "Flex Belt" to baseball/softball umpiring duty.

MTD, Sr.

ref18 Sun Jan 23, 2005 08:40pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:

Originally posted by imaref

wl

I have used both and my vote is for the "Ultimate Belt" for basketball officiating because it holds up beltless pants better than the "Flex Belt." That means that I have relegated my "Flex Belt" to baseball/softball umpiring duty.

MTD, Sr.

Now, I've got a question. I've been thinking about getting one of these inside belts to keep my shirt nice and tucked in, but do they really help keep the pants up??

ace Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:06pm

Hidden Tailor does.... its rubber and has little rubber "teeth" that helps your pants stay up -the black elastic one just keeps ur shirt in. I where the hidden tailor. Honigs pants- if u buy the right size... will stay up and keep your shirt on flat... maybe im just overweight LOL

dblref Mon Jan 24, 2005 07:21am

I tuck my t-shirt and striped shirt into my compression shorts and they both stay put. I am tall and wear the "extra length" shirt. My waistline and big butt keep my pants from slipping. :D