The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Big Joe dexters officials (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/17850-big-joe-dexters-officials.html)

mick Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:11pm

*NOTICE* to Officials in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Lower Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and New England.

Your current weather is with compliments from Big Joe.

ref18 Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:17pm

Forgetting Something??

Don't forget your neighbour to the north. :D

Here in southern Ontario, well my city at least, everything was shut down, and all basketball games (but 2) were cancelled because of the snow.

BigJoe Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:33pm

Mick,

Are you blaming me for all the crappy weather? I am so sick of snow and cold, I am ready to contact BlindZebra in AZ and ask him for his assigner's phone number. Today is the first day that it was above zero this month that it didn't snow. Had 10" yesterday and all the games but one were cancelled.

Say hi to Clyde if you bump into him.

mick Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:43pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BigJoe
Mick,

Are you blaming me for all the crappy weather? I am so sick of snow and cold, I am ready to contact BlindZebra in AZ and ask him for his assigner's phone number. Today is the first day that it was above zero this month that it didn't snow. Had 10" yesterday and all the games but one were cancelled.

Say hi to Clyde if you bump into him.

We have kept our 149". It must have been you!
Only got 7" last night. 2 hour 20 minute drive turned into 3 hour 10 minute drive. Saw one bald eagle from about 50' on the way south and saw 4 tail lights on the way back.

Fish bitin'?

BigJoe Sun Jan 23, 2005 08:57am

We don't cancel games, the schools do. I didn't think it was that bad.
Mick, the fish are bitin'. This weekend was really good. The perch are being caught in 30-35' of water. Nice size 10-12 inchers.

mick Sun Jan 23, 2005 09:23am

Quote:

Originally posted by BigJoe
We don't cancel games, the schools do. I didn't think it was that bad.
Mick, the fish are bitin'. This weekend was really good. The perch are being caught in 30-35' of water. Nice size 10-12 inchers.

Sounds marvelous!
Wigglers?

JugglingReferee Sun Jan 23, 2005 09:31am

Quote:

Originally posted by mick
*NOTICE* to Officials in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Lower Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and New England.

Your current weather is with compliments from Big Joe.

Ditto what ref18 said. I'm snowed in! I was supposed to have a small house party last night but we all agreed to postpone. I did nothing on a Saturday night! (Except maybe read of.com)

Thanks Big Joe.

mick Sun Jan 23, 2005 09:34am

Quote:

Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Ditto what ref18 said. I'm snowed in! I was supposed to have a small house party last night but we all agreed to postpone. I did nothing on a Saturday night! (Except maybe read of.com)

Thanks Big Joe.

You can say that again. :)
mick

JugglingReferee Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:15am

Quote:

Originally posted by mick
Quote:

Originally posted by JugglingReferee

Thanks Big Joe.

You can say that again. :)
mick

:D :D :D

I just read your post after seeing mine twice. OF just gave me a page not found error after I clicked Submit for the post, so I tried to re-post and got the same error. I guess both took though. Oh well. For those that don't see the humour now, I've deleted the second copy of my post.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Jan 23, 2005 01:22pm

I was only responsible for the crappy weather in Northern Ohio for the first two weeks of January, not the last two, you can even check the schedule.

MTD, Sr.

Dan_ref Sun Jan 23, 2005 01:35pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I was only responsible for the crappy weather in Northern Ohio for the first two weeks of January, not the last two, you can even check the schedule.

MTD, Sr.

He's right.

Jurassic Referee Sun Jan 23, 2005 02:02pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

MTD, Sr.

He's right.

I blame Chuck for the last two weeks of crappy weather.

Just on general principles.

tjones1 Sun Jan 23, 2005 02:05pm

Weather isn't to bad here in south central Illinois. Got a little white stuff yesterday, but all has cleared and now it's just cold! :)

JugglingReferee Sun Jan 23, 2005 02:05pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
I blame Chuck for the last two weeks of crappy weather.

Just on general principles.
[/QUOTE]

How did you come to such a short conclusion?

LepTalBldgs Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:31pm

California gloatin'

Played golf Friday in Newport Beach wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt. When it got to 80 degrees we all asked the beverage girl to bring us some new ones. When I got home my wife remarked that I should have used more sunscreen.

Then had a 4:30 JV game where the travel involved nothing more menacing than a few taillights on the freeway.

Why live anywhere else?