The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NEW SHIRTS (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/17721-new-shirts.html)

jdpeo Tue Jan 18, 2005 01:49pm

WHO WAS LOOKING FOR THE STRIPE SHIRT WITH THE WIDE BLACK PANEL DOWN THE SIDES??? THEY ARE AVAILABLE BUT ARE HARD TO FIND AND ARE PLAIN POLY FABRIC JUST LIKE A NORMAL SHIRT - NO HOTTER THAN USUAL.

kenref1 Tue Jan 18, 2005 02:17pm

I would like to know on how to get them.

Dudly Tue Jan 18, 2005 02:50pm

Quote:

Originally posted by jdpeo
WHO WAS LOOKING FOR THE STRIPE SHIRT WITH THE WIDE BLACK PANEL DOWN THE SIDES??? THEY ARE AVAILABLE BUT ARE HARD TO FIND AND ARE PLAIN POLY FABRIC JUST LIKE A NORMAL SHIRT - NO HOTTER THAN USUAL.
They've got this new key on the keyboard called "Caps Lock"

Thanks for calling BlondStar

ref18 Tue Jan 18, 2005 03:26pm

I'm also looking for these shirts.

jdpeo Tue Jan 18, 2005 04:43pm

call cliff keen direct at their 800 # and ask the girl about that particular shirt - they are not advertised on cliff keens web site as these are special shirts made by keen. http://www.cliffkeen.com for 800-- expensive for a basketball shirt but nice!

ref18 Tue Jan 18, 2005 08:24pm

Now when you say expensive, what exactly do you mean??

refnrev Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:58pm

Are these shirts legal for HS Federation wear?

ref18 Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:00am

Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
Are these shirts legal for HS Federation wear?
I don't know, but I'm assuming that they'd be all right if the whole crew wares them. It wouldn't look good if only one official had this style and the other 1/2 had the traditional stripes.

refnrev Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:05am

I really have a question about their legality in HS or lower ball.

NCAAREF Wed Jan 19, 2005 07:47am

Why?

Why would anyone want one of these? Just because the "guys & gals on TV are wearing them? Personally I think they are ugly. Looks like a cheap shirt where the stripes just don't match up. Just my opinion. I think that every couple of years someone has to make a change just to make a buck.

Mark Dexter Wed Jan 19, 2005 09:08am

Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
I really have a question about their legality in HS or lower ball.
Talk to your state association or, more importantly, your local assignor(s).

The only requirement in the rulebook is for a black and white striped shirt - technically, it could be horizontally striped, or you could even wear the NFL style stripes.

jdpeo Wed Jan 19, 2005 09:15am

around $45.00 from keen - they are a nice fitting and comfortable shirt - I would think that would be the reason to wear one - they don't look that out of place at the HS level. I don't think anyone but other officials notice them!

tomegun Wed Jan 19, 2005 09:23am

Quote:

around $45.00 from keen - they are a nice fitting and comfortable shirt - I would think that would be the reason to wear one - they don't look that out of place at the HS level. I don't think anyone but other officials notice them!
jdpeo, have you wore one of them? The reason I ask is I talked to one of the guys in the ACC and he said they are not comfortable because they are hotter than normal shirts.

ChuckElias Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:30am

Re: Why?

Quote:

Originally posted by NCAAREF
Why would anyone want one of these? Just because the "guys & gals on TV are wearing them? Personally I think they are ugly. Looks like a cheap shirt where the stripes just don't match up. Just my opinion. I think that every couple of years someone has to make a change just to make a buck.
ditto.

Back In The Saddle Wed Jan 19, 2005 01:09pm

Quote:

What kind of commission do you get off of each sale? ;)