The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 15, 2005, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

Angry

Boys Varsity Game. The game is tied 60-60 with 6.7 secs and my partner calls a foul against B1. The B coach goes wild and earns himself a T. A1 makes 3 of 4 and A leads 63-60. On the throw-in my partner calls a delay warning on B2 for leaning over the boundary line (he told the kid not to do it before he handed the ball to the Aplayer). After the warning B2 starts mouthing off and "whack" gets a T. My partner reports the foul and as he leaves the table to administer B2 opens his mouth again and "whack" he gets another and an ejection. B assistant coach jumps off the bench and out of the coaches box screaming. I tell my partner I will give him a break and "whack" I get the asst. coach. B3 then pulls his shirt out of his shorts and starts complaining and calling us some not so nice stuff. "Whack" I get him too for a fourth. The asst. coach continues to go wils on the court and my partner gives him his second T and sends him packing. I didn't know he gave the last one so I administer 8 free throws. A2 hits 5 and A wins 68-60. Amazing! Tied with 6.7 seconds left and about 10 minutes later (still 6.7 seconds on the game clock) and you are down by 8. We actually felt pretty bad after the game as we talked through it because up until that time it was a fantastic game with both teams playing well. Too bad it ended that way.