The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   hanging them up (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/17540-hanging-them-up.html)

Junker Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:55am

I think I might have to quit working games. I went to overtime in both of my lower level games last night. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

rainmaker Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Junker
I think I might have to quit working games. I went to overtime in both of my lower level games last night. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Ask Padgett. He can give you some pointers!

Back In The Saddle Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:07pm

Definitely an off night ;)

Mark Padgett Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

Ask Padgett. He can give you some pointers!

First of all, when the game is close near the end, tell your partner that if the game goes into overtime, it's his (or her) fault! ;)

Second, make sure you keep the score differential on an odd number other than three. ;)

Third, if - despite all your efforts - regulation ends in a tie, go to the book and find a scorer's error. ;)

If all else fails and the game is tied near the end, call a T on a coach before the final horn. It doesn't matter which coach or for what. Believe me, if you don't know why he deserved it - he will. :p

thumpferee Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:45pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett

First of all, when the game is close near the end, tell your partner that if the game goes into overtime, it's his (or her) fault! ;)

Second, make sure you keep the score differential on an odd number other than three. ;)

Third, if - despite all your efforts - regulation ends in a tie, go to the book and find a scorer's error. ;)

If all else fails and the game is tied near the end, call a T on a coach before the final horn. It doesn't matter which coach or for what. Believe me, if you don't know why he deserved it - he will. :p [/B]
Classic!

Junker Tue Jan 11, 2005 01:00pm

The killer is in the second game, after the end of the 4th quarter the V coach came out and politely brought up the foul count. I could have been a jerk and tapped him, but I didn't. My partners questioned me having all of my male anatomy.

tjones1 Tue Jan 11, 2005 01:07pm

I believe the old saying goes: "Overtime is always the officials fault!" :) :D

Back In The Saddle Tue Jan 11, 2005 01:30pm

As my old pappy used to say, "The official's job is to make sure that when the final horn sounds somebody has lost!" :D

ChuckElias Tue Jan 11, 2005 02:34pm

Quote:

I know how you feel. Two of my first three, and three of my first 6, HS games went to OT this year. (The most recent was double OT :eek: )

tjones1 Tue Jan 11, 2005 02:45pm

The one game I didn't want OT actually went to Double OT (I wanted to listen to the Cardinals game!) But, I knew we were going to have OT, cause that's how these things work.

Adam Tue Jan 11, 2005 02:45pm

Quote:

Must have been something in the air in central Iowa last night, Junker. I had an OT game last night, too. I'll bet mine were lower level than yours. :)

Junker Tue Jan 11, 2005 02:57pm

Could have been. I'm not sure that we weren't playing rugby instead.

ChrisSportsFan Wed Jan 12, 2005 09:03am

Last night JV/V double header, half time of JV game, partner goes on and on and on about how ther will be NO OT's tonight. We were looking good til Home team hits a last second full court shot. It truly was a hail mary baseball throw that was nothing but net. We made up some time with a running clock in the 4th period of V game.

Junker Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:12pm

tjones1,
If your wasting your time watching the Cards, you deserve to go to OT. I requred by Cubs fan laws to make this statement.

tjones1 Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:17pm

Quote:

tjones1,
If your wasting your time watching the Cards, you deserve to go to OT. I requred by Cubs fan laws to make this statement.

As a part of Redbird Nation, I've got to ask you if "Next Year" is here yet?! :) :D Actually, to be serious, the Cubs are scary if they could just get things to click (Hint Hint, dump Dusty).