The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 25, 2004, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ref5678
forgive me if this is already been discussed but bear with me. Clock is stopped a1 rolls ball to a2 a2 doesnt pick up the ball for some time. throw in count ends as soon as the thrower releases the ball directly onto the court, so you can have no 5 second count on this.(4-41-4) thethrow in does not end until it touches someone,(4-41-5) therefore no team control, and now for my question, you cant have a 10 second count without team control right. I say no, but i was discussing this play with sevreal grizzled vets, and they were convinced you had to have some type of count just figured i would pose it to the board thanks in advance and have a very merry christmas, and stealing this from my association president god bless us, every call
Old Sat Dec 25, 2004, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

You're right. Someday you'll stop being surprised that the vets are wrong about the rules.
Old Sat Dec 25, 2004, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

No counts.

Theoretically, the ball could come to rest in the middle of the court. If no one touches it, the clock doesn't start, and no count can be started.