The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 12:43am
Official Forum Member

Question

Hey fellow referees lol

I need some advice on a matter at competition in australia i have been posted on my relatives (my cousin) game several times and tries to show off by baging me during a game but i had had enough he didnt listen to my warnings so i teched him and he still contiued on calling me a little bi*&% so i ejected him off the court and now no one in his family will talk to anyone in my family. This is destroying my mother she cant handle it what shold i have done?
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 12:59am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Aussie,

Tough situation. Unfortunately when all of us, players, officials, and coaches alike, step inbetween those lines, all other relationships should be put aside (although this is obviously easier said than done). If it's any consolation, you did the right thing in banging him. No official should have to hear that from a coach, no matter who he is. It wouldn't be fair for me to comment on what you should do w/ your family, but just remember, you were doing what you were employed to do, and did it correctly.
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 01:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aussie_ref
Hey fellow referees lol

I need some advice on a matter at competition in australia i have been posted on my relatives (my cousin) game several times and tries to show off by baging me during a game but i had had enough he didnt listen to my warnings so i teched him and he still contiued on calling me a little bi*&% so i ejected him off the court and now no one in his family will talk to anyone in my family. This is destroying my mother she cant handle it what shold i have done?
If you are serious and a basketball game is splitting apart your family, please give Jerry Springer a call. He'd like to have you on his show soon!

Z
Old Mon Dec 20, 2004, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Simply don't work the games involving his team.