The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Turkey Tourneys (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/16629-turkey-tourneys.html)

tjones1 Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:37pm

Just wondering how many other people get to run off that turkey on Friday/Saturday morning by working a Turkey Tourney? If you are, have a good one and a Happy Thanksgiving.

T Jones

ChrisSportsFan Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:41pm

Thanks, I'll need it as I hobble, gobble and wobble down the court. Same ta ya.

C

ChuckElias Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:54pm

Got a juco game Saturday night, tourney of some sort.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:07pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Got a juco game Saturday night, tourney of some sort.

I have a boys' H.S. game on Friday night. I have a girls' H.S. game Saturday afternoon and then I go from that game to a boys' H.S. game on Saturday night.

And my mother always says that there is no rest for the wicked.

MTD, Sr.

zebraman Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:24pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
Just wondering how many other people get to run off that turkey on Friday/Saturday morning by working a Turkey Tourney? If you are, have a good one and a Happy Thanksgiving.

T Jones

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Our season doesn't start til next week, but I work a varsity jamboree Saturday evening. I bet those darn polyester pants will shrink by then.

Z

brandan89 Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:34pm

They have a mind of their own :-p

imaref Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:56am

Happy Thanksgiving to All.......

Kinda watching how MUCH I eat on "T-Day"....got a Boys HS game Friday night and a D-3 mens college game Saturday night.

Wife actually thought about having "T-Day" feasting on Sunday afternoon so everyone could "gobble down" without guilt.....but I couldn't wait! Turkey & all the trimmings...yum, yum. Besides....think of all the shopping time the troops will have while I'm running off the feed.

Have a great holiday and let's all be thinking of and thankful for our service men & women.

Peace....

wl

tjones1 Thu Nov 25, 2004 01:15am

Mega dittos imaref!!!! God bless our service men & women! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

JRutledge Thu Nov 25, 2004 01:22am

I have a game both Friday and Saturday.

Peace

Rich Thu Nov 25, 2004 02:27am

Quote:

Originally posted by JRutledge

Peace

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.

Three games in and the coaches have been pussycats and the games smooooth as can be. I keep waiting to wake up :)

--Rich

5 sport ref Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:34am

Had two on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Six high school games (3 tournaments with 2 games at each) on Friday. Only two on Saturday.

dblref Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:37am

GV scrimmage Friday night, BV scrimmage Saturday, GV scrimmage Tuesday and the season kicks off with D/H varsity tourney games on Thursday and Friday and a single varsity game on Saturday! My feet are tired just thinking about it.

Got my schedule for the month of December, and there ain't a lot of free nights -- my association has it's own Christmas tourney (scholarship $$ for players, managers, and trainers) and we work several other tourneys in this area. Coaches get to nominate player/manager/trainer and our scholarship committee votes on the recipients. We have given out about $80K in the last 5 years.

golfdesigner Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:38pm

Let the games begin

Had Monday [1], Tuesday [2], Fri [2], Sat [2]...Really having fun so far this year...Next week have 9 on the calendar...

Rich Thu Nov 25, 2004 03:15pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:

Originally posted by JRutledge

Peace

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.

Three games in and the coaches have been pussycats and the games smooooth as can be. I keep waiting to wake up :)

--Rich

All 3-whistle so far, too. First 2-whistle game on Tuesday next week when my Wisconsin schedule kicks off. Oh how I hope we go three sooner rather than later for HS games here.

tjones1 Thu Nov 25, 2004 03:53pm

I know what you mean. I'm still trying to figure out if these two games I have Friday and Saturday are 3-man or not. I don't really see how they couldn't be being a tourney and all, but who knows! I sure hope that they are.

BTW: 1 meal down and 1 nap already taken!