The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 11:20am
Official Forum Member

Time for some new shoes. Anyone have any recommendations? Please include suppliers if you can.
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
Time for some new shoes. Anyone have any recommendations? Please include suppliers if you can.
New Balance. I generally get about a full season of use plus whatever I do in the off season. About $60 from Honigs. Also might try Gerry Davis. Not sure where you live but a while back I noticed that Sport Mart sold various types of all black BB Shoes. Don't buy the cheapest the arch supports break down too fast
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Size 11.5. If they don't fit you can send them to me.

Shoes are mostly a personal preference since fit is the primary factor.

Many like the New Balance 609.

I prefer the fit of a Nike over the New Balance (I own both). I've had a few different Nikes and their shape fits my foot better.
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Forksref,

Not a huge selection of shoes in Forks, WA? Doesn't "sporting goods" in Forks mean a pair of hip waders?

Z
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 12:54pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Forksref,

Not a huge selection of shoes in Forks, WA? Doesn't "sporting goods" in Forks mean a pair of hip waders?

Z
And a good raincoat...plus the big huge jacked-up 4x4 with a really long cb antenna...get all that and you're set for Forks!
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Quote:
Forksref,

Z
Grand Forks, ND Shoes means snowshoes or skis.
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
Quote:
Forksref,

Z
And a good raincoat...plus the big huge jacked-up 4x4 with a really long cb antenna...get all that and you're set for Forks!
If Forks is like Myrtle Point, OR (and it sounds very similar) you also need a gun rack with a gun, and a muddy dog hanging out the window. But I've never seen the raincoats at any sporting goods store in stripes. Anyone know where Forksref can order those?
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 01:21pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
I just got a pair of Official's Choice patent leather shoes. I'll report back after I wear them for a youth tourney tonight.
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
Quote:
Forksref,

Z
Have you seen the beer commericals with the referees in them? One of them has a referee with striped waders. Pretty funny.

If Forks is like Myrtle Point, OR (and it sounds very similar) you also need a gun rack with a gun, and a muddy dog hanging out the window. But I've never seen the raincoats at any sporting goods store in stripes. Anyone know where Forksref can order those?
Old Fri Nov 12, 2004, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Forksref
Quote:
Have you seen the beer commericals with the referees in them? One of them has a referee with striped waders. Pretty funny.
I like the ESPN one where the football ref flips the switch on his hip and makes a P.A. announcement about the cafeteria offerings. The one where the referee assesses a penalty for an unrealistic hair weave is pretty good too.

Z
Old Sat Nov 13, 2004, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

Talking New Balance

I had somewhat of a heel problem, got NB 609 shoes and they were great, just went last weekend to get new pair of 609s at the NB Store, they said the 609s were now replaced by 620s...I picked up a pair, tried them for a half last Sunday and seemed real good, comfortable and lightweight..I will stick with them...I also have had Converse and Spotbilt...I favor the NB shoe..
Old Sat Nov 13, 2004, 08:30am
Official Forum Member

Re: New Balance

Quote:
Originally posted by golfdesigner
I had somewhat of a heel problem, got NB 609 shoes and they were great, just went last weekend to get new pair of 609s at the NB Store, they said the 609s were now replaced by 620s...I picked up a pair, tried them for a half last Sunday and seemed real good, comfortable and lightweight..I will stick with them...I also have had Converse and Spotbilt...I favor the NB shoe..
Well heck yea, if you've been wearing Converse and Spot Built, I bet those NB feel like your in a Lexus. I don't like most of the all-black NB as they ofen times use a split grain leather.
Old Sat Nov 13, 2004, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Forks:
I reccomend the Nike Shox R4's...It is a great shoe...Light weight and they look good. A lot of us in the college ranks are wearing Nik Shox rightnow.....That is my suggestion....www.niketown.com or http://www.nikeid.com.....I built my own shoe on Nike ID.....They are a running shoe..I will never where another shoe
Old Sat Nov 13, 2004, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Smile Try these....feel great & looks good!

http://www.theofficialschoice.com/store.asp

"OC" Model of the 'FAMOUS' "3/4 Height" - Patent Leather Shoes - $10.00 OFF the regular selling price of $74.95/72 HOURS ONLY!!!
List $74.95
Price $65.95
Old Sat Nov 13, 2004, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Kohls has the all black N.B. shoes for around $40.00, very comfortable and polish up well.