The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Keeping pants from wrinkling. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/16406-keeping-pants-wrinkling.html)

gordon30307 Fri Nov 12, 2004 09:56am

Aside from putting your pants on a hanger or carefully folding and packing them in your bag. Does anyone have a way of keeping your pants from getting wrinkled?

rainmaker Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:16am

Why would you need another method?

kgruber Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:00am

ya....don't sweat in them!

I once was on a business trip with a great old Mormon boss who was a master packer and he had all his pants folded by the pleats and then tightly rolled with rubber bands around each end. I thought it was the weirdest thing I had ever seen (until I saw his underwear) but, his pants looked great and he didn't have to lug a huge flat of hung attire through the terminals on trips.

Ken

[Edited by kgruber on Nov 12th, 2004 at 11:05 AM]

Dan_ref Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:14pm

Quote:

Originally posted by kgruber

I once was on a business trip with a great old Mormon boss who was a master packer...

Isn't this practice frowned upon by the Mormons?

:eek:

zebraman Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally posted by gordon30307
Aside from putting your pants on a hanger or carefully folding and packing them in your bag. Does anyone have a way of keeping your pants from getting wrinkled?
A friend of mine travels a lot for work and likes to pack light. He takes a cardboard tube (like from wrapping paper) and then rolls all his clothes around it before he puts them in his carry-on. By rolling them, there are no creases. It works. No, I don't roll my ref pants on the way to a game.

Z

Jurassic Referee Fri Nov 12, 2004 02:02pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

I once was on a business trip with a great old Mormon boss who was a master packer...

Please don't ever change. LOL!

gordon30307 Fri Nov 12, 2004 03:00pm

Interesting solutions. If they work I'll send them to Hints from Helloise or however she spells her name.

JRutledge Fri Nov 12, 2004 03:16pm

You can buy one of those Eagle Creek packing devices that keeps close flat. I bought one about a year ago and it works perfectly. My pants always keep their shape. I am sure that the quality of the pants can affect how wrinkled they can get.

Peace

ChrisSportsFan Fri Nov 12, 2004 03:46pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRutledge
[B]You can buy one of those Eagle Creek packing devices that keeps close flat. I bought one about a year ago and it works perfectly. My pants always keep their shape. I am sure that the quality of the pants can affect how wrinkled they can get.

Don't you eventually have to wash them?

kgruber Fri Nov 12, 2004 04:02pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

What practice Dan, packing or officiating?

Jurassic Referee Fri Nov 12, 2004 04:09pm

Quote:

Originally posted by gordon30307
A NY official that I know(he's also a frequent contributor here) has a great practise that he uses. He bought a blow-up doll, and carries it to and from games with his pants and shirt on it. He swears by it- says that it keeps all of the wrinkles out of the pants and shirts.

And at halftime of dull games........

JRutledge Fri Nov 12, 2004 04:30pm

Take care of them.

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
You can buy one of those Eagle Creek packing devices that keeps close flat. I bought one about a year ago and it works perfectly. My pants always keep their shape. I am sure that the quality of the pants can affect how wrinkled they can get.

Don't you eventually have to wash them?

Yes, but the pants I wear do not lose there crease. You also cannot wash them with just anything and take them out of the dryer immediately. But I have owned a several pants over the years and they still have their shape the same day as I bought them. You cannot just throw them on the floor when you are not wearing them.

Peace