The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 12:02am
Official Forum Member

You guys seem like you really know what your talking about unlike myself.. If you really want to critique a fight, watch it in slow motion and decide who is at fault and what sort of penalty they should get. Go here :
http://www.mixmakers.net/showthread.php?t=61 .. It has the video of the Haywood and Davis fight in a better view than shown on tv. Then tell me what you think. Your gonna have to register because people leech all their basketball videos. Enjoy

Cheers
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 07:00am
Official Forum Member

There should have been about 4 of them ejected, Bulls included.
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Why eject anyone? It's the NBA, not a basketball game. They are concerned with marketing players, not playing basketball. Fights get on the news, not crappy preseaon games. I've said for a few years now that they get closer to professional wrestling every year. No disrepect to people that like the NBA, I just personally don't feel like its even basketball at this point.
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
Why eject anyone?
How about because it's a violation of the rules?
Old Thu Oct 28, 2004, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

It is a violation, but the NBA doesn't seem to follow much of a rule book. Are there any traveling violations that aren't called in a normal game (granted, fighting is a world different, but it is a violation)? On this website a couple of years ago we had a posting with an interview with the head of officials in the NBA. There was a quote in it that, to paraphrase, the right call is not the best call. To me, once rules are applied in this way, its not a sport, but entertainment. I used to enjoy the NBA, but every year it seems to move farther and farther away from the way I believe the game should be played.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Link that doesn't require you to register: http://home.comcast.net/~sham/bullswizardsbrawl.mpg
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

NBA will be even better when they take out the 3 pt shot too... maybe all these guys that think they can shoot them will move in to their actual range!!!
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

If nothing else, "Brenda" Haywood should've been ejected for punching and running like a pansy.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2004, 04:10pm
Official Forum Member

Different angle:

Did you see the officials try and control the situation by getting between these big guys?

That's NBA...let's talk H.S.

I know we have some officials here that say get away from the fight and just take numbers.
We have some that say try and break up the fight.
We probably even have a few that would grab the little hoodlums by the collars and drag them both off the floor.

I'm of the "Stop the fight" if you can camp. I didn't say get physical with the young adults (read minors)...but, use force neccessary to protect the players.
You may have one father that is upset you touched little Johnny...and then again you may have a father happy you saved little Johnny from getting his a** kicked.

Yeah, I know...some of you are ultra paranoid of getting sued...then do what you have to do...but in my game I'm going to do what I can to stop the nonsense and get on with what we are being paid to do...Manage the game!
Richland, WA
Old Sun Oct 31, 2004, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Yeah, I know...some of you are ultra paranoid of getting sued...then do what you have to do...but in my game I'm going to do what I can to stop the nonsense and get on with what we are being paid to do...Manage the game!
Forget getting sued! I'm worried about getting hurt.
Old Sun Oct 31, 2004, 05:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Different angle:

Me too. Humans are often torn between having to look tough and not having to hurt someone else (not unlike animals that posture for dominance). Almost always an authority figure stepping bewteen chest-thumping young males is enough to get them both to back down without losing face.