The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 22, 2004, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

(men's) NCAA

Sitch: A1 shoots layup(ball is released), A1 runs over B1(Team B not in bonus), foul on A1... Ruling: basket counts, team b ball under basket..
Question: Does team B get to run the baseline because of the made basket or do they have "spot" because of the foul???
i'm pretty sure they would have baseline because of the made basket, but want to make sure. You never have this situation in High school because it's a charge and the basket won't count...
Old Fri Oct 22, 2004, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Run the baseline.
Old Fri Oct 22, 2004, 01:20pm
If you need me, text me!

Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
Sitch: A1 shoots layup(ball is released), A1 runs over B1(Team B not in bonus), foul on A1... Ruling: basket counts, team b ball under basket..
Question: Does team B get to run the baseline because of the made basket or do they have "spot" because of the foul???
i'm pretty sure they would have baseline because of the made basket, but want to make sure. You never have this situation in High school because it's a charge and the basket won't count...
I am assuming that in "A1 runs over B1" that A1 is still airborne. For NCAA women's we'll have a player/team control foul (airborne shooter), no basket, spot throw-in.