The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Rating Cards (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/15748-rating-cards.html)

brandan89 Tue Oct 05, 2004 09:02pm

Does any one know a site where I can get a printable rating card to give to the coaches of the game tonight to see how I did?

SF Tue Oct 05, 2004 09:38pm

I don't know where you can get one, but I would advise you not to take a whole lot of stock in what coaches say. One of the leagues I work in has referee evaluation cards that coaches can fill out after every game. About 3-4 times a year a coach may fill out a card saying that you did a great job, but the vast majority are losing coaches that are mad. In the future, ask an evaluator or more experience referee to watch you work and give feedback.

tmp44 Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:22pm

I would agree w/ SF. You need to really watch what sorts of information you want to get out of coaches. I don't know what your playoff system is like, but where I am coaches have some say in the process of selecting playoff officials. Just like on the court, pick and choose your battles wisely.

SmokeEater Thu Oct 07, 2004 09:41am

Doesn't everyone get plenty of feedback from Coaches during the game...lol

If you know what I mean.

ChrisSportsFan Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:04am

that's how Missouri does it. Coaches send a rating to the state office.

scyguy Thu Oct 07, 2004 02:21pm

chris, I am from missouri, southcentral to be exact.

ChrisSportsFan Thu Oct 07, 2004 02:32pm

St. Louis

CK Thu Oct 07, 2004 02:42pm

Chris, I am in St. Louis also. I thought I was the only St. Louisan on here. I also see another from Missouri.

CK

scyguy Thu Oct 07, 2004 02:44pm

West Plains, farm country. Go cards!!

zebra44 Thu Oct 07, 2004 02:45pm

Here in Michigan, our only ratings are from the coaches. It's always nice when we get to see them in August to learn that you need work in rules knowledge, positioning, etc. (things coaches are experts on)

CK Thu Oct 07, 2004 02:46pm

I know exactly where West Plains is, been there many times as a detour coming from Springfield to Van Buren.

CK

mick Thu Oct 07, 2004 02:55pm

Quote:

Originally posted by zebra44
Here in Michigan, our only ratings are from the coaches. It's always nice when we get to see them in August to learn that you need work in rules knowledge, positioning, etc. (things coaches are experts on)
zebra44,
Good call.
Saw you on TV last week.
mick

RookieDude Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:51pm

WARNING! OFF TOPIC

Quote:

Originally posted by zebra44
He knew she was a moonshiner, but he loved her still.
I like it...how about this one:

She had freckles on her but...I still loved her.:D
or was that:
My girlfriend's got freckles on her but...she's pretty!
oh well..;)

BTW...you St. Louis guys have a tough opponent this week-end in Seattle.
Seahawks 24
Rams 21

[Edited by RookieDude on Oct 8th, 2004 at 09:10 AM]

ChrisSportsFan Fri Oct 08, 2004 08:00am

I think every opponent will be tough this year.

scyguy Fri Oct 08, 2004 04:03pm

ck, had winona and van buren JH last night.
Why would you travel thru Van Buren to get from Spfld to St Louis? Have a girlfriend tucked away on the current river?