The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

All this patent leather talk is getting to me. Let me ask a different shoe question. If there are any other wide foot refs out there, what shoes are the most comfortable. I wear New Balance 12-4E and they are still too tight. I've actually worn walking shoes in the past to get a good fit, but they don't have enough ankle support for me, especially if I'm working more than one game. Nike's are way too narrow. Converse seems to have gotten narrower since Nike took over, but maybe I'm just getting flatter feet. Any recommendations?
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Reebok have wider shoes....

i have a wide foot, not 4E wide, but reebok's are comfortable for me
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 11:10am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimgolf
All this patent leather talk is getting to me. Let me ask a different shoe question. If there are any other wide foot refs out there, what shoes are the most comfortable. I wear New Balance 12-4E and they are still too tight. I've actually worn walking shoes in the past to get a good fit, but they don't have enough ankle support for me, especially if I'm working more than one game. Nike's are way too narrow. Converse seems to have gotten narrower since Nike took over, but maybe I'm just getting flatter feet. Any recommendations?

Converse didn't get narrower when Nike took over, Converse officiating shoe went the way of the dinosaurs and dodo birds.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

Converse didn't get narrower when Nike took over, Converse officiating shoe went the way of the dinosaurs and dodo birds.

MTD, Sr.
Converse makes a model called the Press that you can find sometimes, but it is not particularly comfortable for me.

To be more specific about what I'm looking for, I need more room in the toe area without wearing a longer shoe, which can give you "Turf Toe", even on the hardwood.

Spotbilt comes in extra wide width... Anyone using them?

[Edited by Jimgolf on Sep 30th, 2004 at 01:09 PM]