Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Please explain the difference.

Thanks
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
CK,

Any player (offense or defense) can commit a charging foul. Charging is simply pushing through the torso of an opponent. A player control foul is a charging foul committed by the player in control of the ball.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks Chuck

So is it safe to say that on the defense you have a block on the offense you have a charge, if offensive player does not have the ball and a PC if they do have the ball.

I suppose where I am getting confused is under the Definition section, it refers to a charge as the player with the ball under a,b and c.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 01:54pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

A PC can be any kind of foul on the player with the ball. It can be a push, charge, block, hold, or any other kind of foul he's legally capable of committing. PC simply means it was committed by a player with the ball.

Most refer to it as a charge because 95% of the time a PC is a charge in your typical block/charge scenario. Remember, though, a post player can commit a PC foul by hooking the defense and swimming past the defender.

Adam
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
CK,

Any player (offense or defense) can commit a charging foul. Charging is simply pushing through the torso of an opponent. A player control foul is a charging foul committed by the player in control of the ball.
Ya know, the longer I stare at this the more convinced I am that it's not quite right.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
CK,

Ya know, the longer I stare at this the more convinced I am that it's not quite right.
Yeah, yeah. I'll blink first. A PC is any common foul committed by the player in control of the ball (which includes an airborne shooter). I was trying to incorporate the charging language into my explanation.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
CK,

Yeah, yeah. I'll blink first. A PC is any common foul committed by the player in control of the ball (which includes an airborne shooter). I was trying to incorporate the charging language into my explanation.
I bet if I were to stare at this long enough I would find an exception.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

So A1 has the ball, A2 cuts through the lane and runs over B2, we have a charge on A2, signaled with the push/charge signal. Correct?
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

I bet if I were to stare at this long enough I would find an exception. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dan, stop doing "nothing" and contribute to the post
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Put some eye drops in -- they've gotta be dry by now. Then lay it on me.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by CK
So A1 has the ball, A2 cuts through the lane and runs over B2, we have a charge on A2, signaled with the push/charge signal. Correct?
Yes, and the words to use are, "White foul away from the ball, Red ball out of bounds." Or "Red #13 shoots two."

I know it's against Fed mechanics to use more words than "Push," or "Charge", but no one is ever looking away from the ball, so I nearly always report with extra verbiage. It helps.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks Rainmaker.

CK
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 06:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
CK,

The exception would be any non-common foul. So T's, flagrant, intentional, double or multiple fouls that involve the player with posession of the ball would not be PC.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Quote:
The exception would be any non-common foul. So T's, flagrant, intentional, double or multiple fouls that involve the player with posession of the ball would not be PC.
Yeah, but I said that in my previous post. I included the word "common". Dan took exception to the part that says "which includes an airborne shooter". I still haven't thought of the exception. He's still out at CVS buying eye-drops after all his staring.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 07:16pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but I said that in my previous post. I included the word "common". Dan took exception to the part that says "which includes an airborne shooter". I still haven't thought of the exception. He's still out at CVS buying eye-drops after all his staring.
OK, I just returned from CVS, I wasn't able to get my eyedrops because they kicked me out for staring at the girl behind the counter.

Anywho...here's a hint for Chuck: read your signature.