The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   (Non-Officiating) Funny Coach Story (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/15569-non-officiating-funny-coach-story.html)

Stat-Man Sat Sep 25, 2004 04:26pm

A bunch of us who know each other from high school -- as classmates, coaches, or playing rivals -- got together after our respective basketball gmaes thrusday night, and the following story was told involving two of the coaches in our group.

Team A & Team B playing... Coach B beckons for Coach A to come to half court, as if he is going to discuss something or make his post-game beverage request...

Team B Coach then tells the official next to him that Coach A is out of his box.

Coach A gets whacked.

I would have loved to have seen that in person ;)

Mark Dexter Sat Sep 25, 2004 04:50pm

Hell - I would have T'ed B's coach for being a jack-dexter. :p

RookieDude Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:57pm

hahahahahahaha....

But I gotta tell ya Stat Man...I'll wager two Seahawk tickets against two tickets to your state fair, that most of the officials on this forum (myself included) would not "T" the coach that was out of his box.

zebraman Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:10am

Quote:

Originally posted by RookieDude
hahahahahahaha....

But I gotta tell ya Stat Man...I'll wager two Seahawk tickets against two tickets to your state fair, that most of the officials on this forum (myself included) would not "T" the coach that was out of his box.

Amen,

That technical foul is severely lacking in common sense.

Z

rainmaker Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:01pm

I gotta admit, it sounds like an urban legent to me. I mean, if Coach B is beckoning Coach A "to come to" half-court, doesn't that mean that Coach B is there, too? In thinking this over, I can't think of a single really bad ref who would T Coach A and not Coach B in this situation. It's just a little too neat and tidy.

Back In The Saddle Sun Sep 26, 2004 02:58pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
I gotta admit, it sounds like an urban legent to me. I mean, if Coach B is beckoning Coach A "to come to" half-court, doesn't that mean that Coach B is there, too? In thinking this over, I can't think of a single really bad ref who would T Coach A and not Coach B in this situation. It's just a little too neat and tidy.
The credibility of the story increases exponentially to the number of brown pops consumed. :)

ChuckElias Sun Sep 26, 2004 06:38pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
The credibility of the story increases exponentially to the number of brown pops consumed. . . :)
by the listeners.

The credibility decreases exponentially to the number of brown pops consumed by the teller of the story. :)

Back In The Saddle Mon Sep 27, 2004 08:16pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
The credibility of the story increases exponentially to the number of brown pops consumed. . . :)
by the listeners.

The credibility decreases exponentially to the number of brown pops consumed by the teller of the story. :)

Too true. :)